• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Chuck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Why imagine when you can use facts? The information on Alberta generation and usage on an annual basis is all outlined on this page:

http://www.auc.ab.ca/pages/annual-electricity-data.aspx http://http://www.auc.ab.ca/pages/annual-electricity-data.aspx

Energy generation and consumption has risen year on year up until 2017 (last year of data shown). Industrial usage peaked in 2001 with other comparable high years being 2005 and 2006. Between 2007 and 2017 the industrial consumption remained level so no downturn as you "imagined" - created either by Trudeau or Notley's election.
    No no , youre right. He has canada just humming
    New auto jobs created in ontario every month , stealing them from the US
    Drilling rigs are moving from the US to canada every week . Oilpatch is going a lot better than the US patch
    Farming is better than ever
    Construction absolutely booming in sask
    Carbon tax will give us an unfair advantage over the US
    New buisnesses are moving here
    Yea its all good , FM
    Last edited by Guest; Mar 29, 2019, 20:24.

Comment

I get chucks cross subsidiaztion comment simple really.

I pay same per kw as my city counterparts. The costs of poles power lines to get it here to me is enormous compared to city folk

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        No no , youre right. He has canada just humming
        New auto jobs created in ontario every month , stealing them from the US
        Drilling rigs are moving from the US to canada every week . Oilpatch is going a lot better than the US patch
        Farming is better than ever
        Construction absolutely booming in sask
        Carbon tax will give us an unfair advantage over the US
        New buisnesses are moving here
        Yea its all good , FM
        Can't deal with the facts in the official document hey? so just post some bullshit as usual. Alberta electricity generation and consumption has increased year on year regardless whether it was a PC or NDP Government provincially or a Conservative or Liberal Government nationally.

Comment

Can't deal with the facts in the official document hey? so just post some bullshit as usual. Alberta electricity generation and consumption has increased year on year regardless whether it was a PC or NDP Government provincially or a Conservative or Liberal Government nationally.
          Some things arent meant to be serious but it always slips right over your head
          No i said your right , wtf is the problem
          Holiday time for you for sure ?
          All govts are a waste of time as far as im converned , but this one is even more screwed up than most
          I miss grant devine
          Hows calving going ?

Comment

I remember you showing the news item concerning 2 of the coal generation plants. That still does not explain the amount of non-production shown on the website you provided. Currently there are 5/16 coal plants not generating, 14/27 gas not generating, 5/9 hydro facilities not producing anything according to your website. I don't claim to understand that website information - is the total generation capacity more than is needed hence some are not producing for the grid depending on whose bids are currently winning? I just don't believe you can claim as proof that solar doesn't work the fact that 1 solar facility didn't produce some days in February and that it must be due to snow. What about the hydro facilities that are producing nothing now? Has the Oldman river quit running? is the Raymond reservoir empty? you'd think this time of year with runoff water levels high these things would be in full production.

I just don't think you know enough, on the basis of this website information, to speculate on the reason for non-production from the Brooks solar facility on certain days.
            If I remember correctly Alberta's total generation capacity is over 16000 mw and consumption ranges between 9500-11000 mw. And it is not my website, it is the website for the Alberta Electric System Operator, the entity that manages power distribution in Alberta. And I would certainly agree that the cheapest sources of generation would be brought online first as any properly designed public electrical grid would have built in excess capacity.

Your questions on why certain sources of hydro are not producing is a good one that I cannot answer. One thing is abundantly clear to me and that is that solar and wind work very well as intermittent top ups to the grid and help to lower our use of fossil fuels when the conditions are right but environmentalists believe renewables can provide 100% of our power needs and I think this idea is ludicrous. Environmentalists would get my support if they were promoting nuclear power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

One thing is abundantly clear to me and that is that solar and wind work very well as intermittent top ups to the grid and help to lower our use of fossil fuels when the conditions are right but environmentalists believe renewables can provide 100% of our power needs and I think this idea is ludicrous. Environmentalists would get my support if they were promoting nuclear power.
              These same environmentalists need to research what is known as the saturation point for unreliables. Beyond which, costs go up dramatically, CO2 emissions go up, not down, efficiencies and reliability go down drastically.

Comment

As to why certain sources of hydro not generating- the Raymond Ridge Reservoir station
                is on the irrigation canal and it isn't flowing yet. Don't know when canal start up will be.

Comment

There is NOT enough lithium and cobalt in WORLD to convert from existing 2% electric cars to 100%.

We would have to REALLY destroy the planet to stop .8 degree in temperature change (if it’s true)!

Use the ABUNDANT oil that can be extracted environmentally! Pure madness!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D3BYIE0U4AA7sUT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	767187

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Or one big nuke plant in Northern Sask would generate alot of power for Sask.
                    No put that SOB (nuke plant) somewhere in the Qu'appelle valley so you can be close to the power. It is more efficient that way

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
                      No put that SOB (nuke plant) somewhere in the Qu'appelle valley so you can be close to the power. It is more efficient that way
                      IMHO we will never have a plant here as they can't buy liability insurance. No one will sell it to them leaving the Government stuck with it.

Our GDP is too small to make it float.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...