• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Oh Kenney got caught

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    But it also makes it impossible to refute my statement that we are in totally uncharted climate territory with current CO2 levels over 400ppm when they have never exceeded 300ppm over the past 800,000 years including the Holocene optimum which started roughly 12,000 years ago and during which time CO2 levels never exceeded 300ppm.
    But think how great plants will grow with that level......

Comment

Reasonable would be to begin talk if CO2 levels went beyond the 800 ppm where plants thrive.

A constant alarm at 400 ppm - really!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        You have that backwards. We are in uncharted CO2 territory(in recent times at least). But, in spite of that, we are still well within charted territory for climate. Indicating a very poor relationship between the two. Which is why it is a much better argument to use.
        Oh drat! Foiled by the grammar policeman!

Let me re-phrase. We have been able to reliably measure atmospheric CO2 concentrations for the past 800,000 years. During that time we have had a wide range of climatic conditions, from glaciation to warmer global temps than we have now. Yet CO2 levels never exceeded 300 ppm.
        Current CO2 levels exceed 400 ppm and we do not know definitely when this level has been reached before OR what the climate was exactly like at the 400ppm level. There are many theories and estimations but all indicate a warmer global climate when CO2 levels were higher. To argue if it is uncharted CO2 or uncharted climate is semantics at best and does nothing to settle the climate change debate. But based on the 800,000 year chart I would argue there is a definite correlation between the two - but exactly what that relationship is (chicken and the egg) and how global temperature will be impacted by a measured level of CO2 that has never happened in 800,000 years means we are in uncharted territory.
        Last edited by dmlfarmer; Mar 21, 2019, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post

Oh drat! Foiled by the grammar policeman!

Let me re-phrase. We have been able to reliably able to measure atmospheric CO2 concentrations for the past 800,000 years. During that time we have had a wide range of climatic conditions, from glaciation to warmer global temps than we have now. Yet CO2 levels never exceeded 300 ppm.
          Current CO2 levels exceed 400 ppm and we do not know definitely when this level has been reached before OR what the climate was exactly like at the 400ppm level. There are many theories and estimations but all indicate a warmer global climate when CO2 levels were higher. To argue if it is uncharted CO2 or uncharted climate is semantics at best and does nothing to settle the climate change debate. But based on the 800,000 chart I would argue there is a definite correlation between the two - but exactly what that relationship is (chicken and the egg) and how global temperature will be impacted by a measured level of CO2 that we have not seen 800,000 years means we are in uncharted territory.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...