• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 1st "National Cancel your 2019 Canola Seed Day".

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    If you guys don’t think this is all about politics and canada USA and China and nothing on shitty canola your living the dream.

Trudeau f$&ked up and we are suffering. Seed canceled.
    Life is sure hard.

Here ya go: https://www.rbauction.com/heavy-equipment-auctions/regina-sk https://www.rbauction.com/heavy-equipment-auctions/regina-sk

Comment

I wonder how many more trolls will come on this site? More really equals less.

Comment

Ah I hurt a few die hard believe everything is great in farming crowd.

Your the group that are so blind and believe the gov is your friend.

Science will prove China wrong.

Gulable us what you are.

Canada is getting left behind in agriculture. It’s not more than ever it’s on deaths door strip.

Russia and Ukraine are eating us alive.

We’re high cost low profit give everything to suppliers and all who feed off us.

Think I’m wrong ha I laugh.
        Alberta your so smart ha ha you elected a NDP and probably will again.

Great to give advise.

Comment

If you guys don’t think this is all about politics and canada USA and China and nothing on shitty canola your living the dream.

Trudeau f$&ked up and we are suffering. Seed canceled.
          Just wondering what you are doing with the former canola acres? Barley is hot this year around this area. Can't get barley seed any more in Alberta. Local seed grower is asking 10.25/bu for AC Morgan oat seed so apparently there is lots of interest in oats locally as well. Don't really think the oat market is that dynamic but time will tell. There was a lot of oats under the snow this winter in this area which contributed to some healthy oat prices for a time. Looks like a good year to lengthen rotations which will happen somewhat.

Comment

Canola seed cancelled this week, will go to flax. Also sold a quarter of land this week.

Sorry I see some major headwinds for this industry. I like farming and all, but its not enough to hope for unicorns and fairies and the competence of our government or the intelligence of the average voter. I voted for self protection.

Comment

Jazz I have a few friends that sold out complete or partial and are the happiest campers in the world. One made more on his investments in the last four months than he did profit his last year farming.

A storm is coming and Canada is overpriced on everything from Seed to first to chemical to rent to equipment. Vs the competition.

This thread is about Cost and Seed for Canola is insane as soon will be our cost for Wheat and barley etc. with the seed tax.

Everyone else is getting wealthy farming. Farmers arent. Share the wealth needs to happen.

Comment

Right now peas 1000

HRS 6000

Oats 1000

Barley 1000

Canola 1000

Comment

Jazz I have a few friends that sold out complete or partial and are the happiest campers in the world. One made more on his investments in the last four months than he did profit his last year farming.

I will never be a big farmer. There is just too much competition in my area and land prices high, but I made 4 times my money on some land I was able to snag owning it for just 10 yrs. Gotta take some off the table now. My new rotation will be durum, lentils, flax and dividends.

Comment

China cancels all canola sales.

You knew it was coming

https://www.country-guide.ca/daily/china-stops-buying-canadian-canola/ China stops buying Canadian canola

Comment

This is bad.
                      Time to go read the INP.V bullboards.
                      Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Mar 21, 2019, 19:54.

Comment

Sure glad the budget included a bail out for dairy impacted by trade wars. Oh Canada.

Comment

ABC
                          anything but Canola.. who'da thunk it.

Comment

Still laugh about canola council wanting to get production up to 25 million tones. All the money into research and development, high seed cost etc, for what now? This is completely out of our control and the feds don’t give two shits about us. We are so screwed.

Think what’ll play out this year is lots of guys will still buy the expensive seed and hope for better times. The pain and real actions won’t be seen till next year. If anything good comes of this bs is hopefully everyone realizes to avoid having more to do with China.

Comment

I find it amazing that this isn't big major news every night. Wow, Trump picked his nose and CBC and CTV are all over it. Or climate change is causing it to be warm in March.

Nothing on 2.7 Billion loss.

I do agree that a lot of farmers will plant like normal and then when fall approaches and the USA has its deal and canola is like oil selling at a discount the truth will be shown.

The Canola council is also to blame with the bullshit.

Comment

Better hope and pray there’s BIG demand by fall for canola and going into winter. Carry over is going to be huge, and get an avg to slightly above avg crop, prices may be high today then what could possibly be coming.
                                I sold some yesterday, and overnight prices dropped. Amazingly something went my favour. I must have flooded the market with my sale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...