• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This whole thing is so scripted...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Third world corruption not as bad as this ??
    Par.

Heard from someone who just came back from a business trip to Mexico where he learned from his host that if the police/mayor/whoever is cooperative with the traffickers,that public figure will get a slice of the drug profits and guaranteed safety for their family. Otherwise...

I guess we already knew that. Just startling hearing it firsthand.

So, how is it different here, other than the dollar amounts and the level of penetration into our governments?

Comment

For AF, this really states why we should separate. The west is never going to get a fair shake in Quebec.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/opinions-dont-count-justin-trudeau-out-just-yet/ar-BBUv6gn?ocid=spartanntp

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        A caller into a radio show yesterday connected some dots on the Liberal scandals. Wasn't given much time, but I will embellish a little. Sounds conspiratorial, but after all that has come out lately, perhaps not that far off of the truth.

Liberals bought the Pipeline with the expectation that they would then generously give the contract for building it to their good buddies as SNC, with appropriate cost overruns and kickbacks, as a new and creative almost legal way to transfer more money from taxpayers and the west to Quebec, and back into Liberal coffers, pockets, and foundations.

But first they needed to clear their name so they could "bid"(bribe) on public contracts again.
        So, the pipeline has to be stalled until they can get the legal loopholes in place to get their buddies back on the right side of the law. So approval gets postponed indefinitely waiting for this, the fact that Alberta and the ROC get to suffer and lose Billions through these delays is a small price to pay to line their own pockets.

Probably wanted to be able to make an announcement about the pipeline approval and award of construction in time for the election, hence the pressure applied.

Edit to add: How else to explain how they suddenly went from being vehemently opposed to pipelines, fossil fuels would be phased out, global warming is priority etc., to wasting the political capital in buying a pipeline, which all of their supporters are against? Has to be about following the money.

Another caller claimed to have been a contract engineer to SNC for many years, and stated that the corruption and bribery is rampant, and always has been.
        Also in the mix was the little fact that the First Nations who mostly against the pipelines were also now to be part of the deal with part or whole ownership of the pipeline after SNC got the deal as you have laid out .
        Great deal for Quebec , First Nations , Liberal votes ..... up until this fiasco .
        Again .... the Rabbit hole is quite deep I think .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Also in the mix was the little fact that the First Nations who mostly against the pipelines were also now to be part of the deal with part or whole ownership of the pipeline after SNC got the deal as you have laid out .
          Great deal for Quebec , First Nations , Liberal votes ..... up until this fiasco .
          Again .... the Rabbit hole is quite deep I think .
          Yes, the caller didn't, and I didn't get into the native connection, but I suspect it is not a coincidence, that just like the Liberals, they were adamantly opposed to the pipeline until they suddenly were all in favour of it. And the fact that JWR quit over this issue makes one wonder who was holding who hostage? Perhaps she wanted it gifted to the native coalition in exchange for letting SNC off the hook?

Like I said before, if they want to uncover the bribery and corruption that is required for EVERY project in the vicinity of first nations, it will snowball in a hurry, while I would like to see it exposed and ended, there will be collateral damage.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 7, 2019, 15:32.

Comment

Damn, I was hoping someone would have picked up on the word "privilege".

It was also a rehtorical sarcastic question to spark debate.

And by the sounds is it some of you think the problem is a chronic systemic problem....say it isn't so. There are checks and balances and watchdogs in place to prevent such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Damn, I was hoping someone would have picked up on the word "privilege".

It was also a rehtorical sarcastic question to spark debate.

And by the sounds is it some of you think the problem is a chronic systemic problem....say it isn't so. There are checks and balances and watchdogs in place to prevent such nonsense from happening outside of Quebec, and not benefitting Liberals.
              There, I fixed it for you, you're welcome.

Comment

HOUSTON(administration) WE HAVE A PROBLEM. Once the "reply to" button is used the text in the replied to post shouldn't be able to be altered!

But thanks anyway AF5.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  A caller into a radio show yesterday connected some dots on the Liberal scandals. Wasn't given much time, but I will embellish a little. Sounds conspiratorial, but after all that has come out lately, perhaps not that far off of the truth.

Liberals bought the Pipeline with the expectation that they would then generously give the contract for building it to their good buddies as SNC, with appropriate cost overruns and kickbacks, as a new and creative almost legal way to transfer more money from taxpayers and the west to Quebec, and back into Liberal coffers, pockets, and foundations.

But first they needed to clear their name so they could "bid"(bribe) on public contracts again.
                  So, the pipeline has to be stalled until they can get the legal loopholes in place to get their buddies back on the right side of the law. So approval gets postponed indefinitely waiting for this, the fact that Alberta and the ROC get to suffer and lose Billions through these delays is a small price to pay to line their own pockets.

Probably wanted to be able to make an announcement about the pipeline approval and award of construction in time for the election, hence the pressure applied.

Edit to add: How else to explain how they suddenly went from being vehemently opposed to pipelines, fossil fuels would be phased out, global warming is priority etc., to wasting the political capital in buying a pipeline, which all of their supporters are against? Has to be about following the money.

Another caller claimed to have been a contract engineer to SNC for many years, and stated that the corruption and bribery is rampant, and always has been.

Even the suggestion of such a depth of corruption suddenly puts the billions to Bombardier into a whole different light.

Comment

Is any of this any more virtuous than welfare? Does accepting bribes and kickbacks put you on higher moral ground than those who don't work, but could and won't, yet receive welfare?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...