• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who calls their MP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who calls their MP

When shit hits the fan like yesterday about canola and it becomes a government issue...does anyone here call the appropriate MP....

And ....what do they say?

The staffers can be arrogant and misinformed...

The single biggest in western Canada is the repercussions with canola.....

Jobs jobs jobs with the snc thing....

How about farms farms farms with the canola ban....and the third party suppliers and pensioners living on farms?
    Last edited by bucket; Mar 6, 2019, 07:24.

I know this is a bullshit comment but if you were on your last dying breaths.....would you waste them there? You know what I mean?

Comment

There was a 4.4 quake here last night

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        When shit hits the fan like yesterday about canola and it becomes a government issue...does anyone here call the appropriate MP....

And ....what do they say?

The staffers can be arrogant and misinformed...

The single biggest in western Canada is the repercussions with canola.....

Jobs jobs jobs with the snc thing....

How about farms farms farms with the canola ban....and the third party suppliers and pensioners living on farms?
        What happened?

Comment

The media sensationalising the devastating effects of fracking to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            There was a 4.4 quake here last night
            Hmm , there was a shaker in Red Deer area a few days ago as well ... odd

Comment

And what would be the purpose of calling my MP, who is in the opposition, with no say whatsoever, dealing with a dysfunctional government in full panic mode who is only concerned with Eastern Canada issues, not to mention that my MP's seat is likely the most secure Conservative seat in the country, he is not concerned about losing a farmers support?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Hmm , there was a shaker in Red Deer area a few days ago as well ... odd
                Those earthquakes are just western Canada separating, physically and politically. Lake Agassiz, is reforming, cutting us off permanently from Eastern Canada. Mother nature decided that we were taking to long, and is sending some not so subtle hints. Similar to how she orchestrated the longest cold spell in recent history during the carbon tax trial in Saskatchewan, she isn't all evil, and in fact has a very good sense of humour.

Comment

I call my MP something new every day.

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                    The media sensationalising the devastating effects of fracking to follow.
                    They don't have to sensationalize it - it's a fact proven unequivocally by research.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      They don't have to sensationalize it - it's a fact proven unequivocally by research.
                      I would really like to read that unequivocal research, If you are willing to share please.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I would really like to read that unequivocal research, If you are willing to share please.

A tremor 100 miles from a major mountain range is basically unheard of.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          A tremor 100 miles from a major mountain range is basically unheard of.
                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811–12_New_Madrid_earthquakes

Still rare, but not unheard of

So the better question for all those who think we should stop all fracking due to this, which would we rather tolerate, a few harmless small earthquakes, or going back to horse and buggy, burning wood or coal for heat etc.(and the related health and environmental effects of that)? If this is the worst consequence, I think I would prefer to remain in the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811–12_New_Madrid_earthquakes

Still rare, but not unheard of

So the better question for all those who think we should stop all fracking due to this, which would we rather tolerate, a few harmless small earthquakes, or going back to horse and buggy, burning wood or coal for heat etc.(and the related health and environmental effects of that)? If this is the worst consequence, I think I would prefer to remain in the modern era.
                            Any affects on aquifers? Just asking. I would think the fracking happens well below the usual, or deepest, domestic well. But does it affect geology that affects aquifers?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Any affects on aquifers? Just asking. I would think the fracking happens well below the usual, or deepest, domestic well. But does it affect geology that affects aquifers?
                              Geologically speaking, it would be impossible for fracking to affect well water. Grassfarmer apparently has evidence to the contrary though, which I would be interested to read.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...