• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth growing canola? ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth growing canola? ???

News today ....China has responded in kind to Trudeau's **** up with regards to Hauwei .....

Wonder if Trudeau is ready to admit he caused the problem?

And make it right with Canadian farmers?

"You".... are delusional.

We aren't milk or feathers in Quebec

Comment

Coles notes answers, Yes to canola but the yields will have to be there.
      No to Trudeau, right now I would imagine he is being fitted for one of those jackets
      that tie in the back.

Comment

"China buys some C$2.5 billion of Canadian canola per year, and a slower sales pace would be another hit to exporters, which also include Viterra and Cargill Ltd in a year when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau faces a tough race for re-election.

The restriction on imports of canola from a country with which links have worsened echoes recent moves by Chinese customs to slow clearing of Australian coal imports.

Australia’s ties with China have deteriorated since 2017, when Canberra accused China of meddling in its domestic affairs.

Tensions rose again last month after Australia rescinded the visa of a prominent Chinese businessman, just months after barring Huawei from supplying equipment to its 5G broadband network."

https://globalnews.ca/news/5021950/china-cancels-canola-winnipeg-richardson-international/

Comment

I wouldn't be growing it in this market conditions. China is too big in the trade and its too expensive to grow to have those risks added to the pile. EU is taking some and maybe the countries with the TPP but those just got signed.

Comment

So Trudeau gets the blame when he interferes in the SNC criminal case and also gets the blame when he doesn't interfere in the Huawei executive extradition case?

Its going to be an interesting year in politics.

Will Andrew Scheer interfere in the Huawei extradition case to save canola exports? He will likely get his chance come November.

Comment

I got a text yesterday asking if my canola seeding plans are made and some variety seeds are increasing in price. Here is my reply:

Ya, and commodity canola prices are on the skids
              ....tell them to go **** themselves.

Their's:

Okie dokie.

Mine:

Farmers are getting text of sub $10 canola prices and SeedCos and retailers think seed prices need to go up?

Logical.

Their's:

Hey I totally understand where you are coming from. We sold significantly more LL canola this year so have to order more at a higher price so can't sell it at a loss. Logical?

Mine:

Yup. As logical as it is for us to pay higher prices and sell canola under $10.

Pass the message up the chain of command. All the way to the LL Rep.

.....end of exchange!

This is what started it.....

Ok. Just so you know the Liberty is likely going up in price. The L233P has gone up $15 a bag and the L252 we have a few bags left before the price of that increases. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 5, 2019, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                So Trudeau gets the blame when he interferes in the SNC criminal case and also gets the blame when he doesn't interfere in the Huawei executive extradition case?

Its going to be an interesting year in politics.

Will Andrew Scheer interfere in the Huawei extradition case to save canola exports? He will likely get his chance come November.

Does it really need explaining to you chuck, my fingers are tired of typing out the obvious to you guys.

But let me summarize, weak leadership has economic consequences.

Comment

Trudeau has handled the SNC case badly.

But what would have been the right way to handle the Huawei case without interfering in a criminal case for extradition?

Do you want Andrew Scheer to let her go and what impact would that have on US relations?

The reality is China is in a trade war with the US and we are collateral damage. Australia has pissed them off as well.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 5, 2019, 07:33.

Comment

But what would have been the right way to handle the Huawei case without interfering in a criminal case for extradition?

Do you want Andrew Scheer to let her go and what impact would that have on US relations?

The reality is China is in a trade war with the US and we are collateral damage. Australia has pissed them off as well.
                    The secret was to not piss off trump back a year ago then we would have had an ally in our corner on this file. What was our intelligence agency doing when they saw Mrs Meng book a ticket into Vancouver. That flight could have been diverted an hour south into Seattle.

Trump knows what Trudeau has done, donating to Hillary, spying on him and then acting like a condescending dick with his attack animal Freeland. Only trump can deal with china and we should have been under their wing when he did. He but its 2015, gender diversity blah blah blah.

Comment

Trudeau had 5 ****ing days to make sure she wasn't arrested in Canada ....could have had the plane land in the States and let them deal with it.....

You send her to the states and let them deal with it....

I do agree we would have been collateral damage anyway but Trudeau didn't help with his nonsense...

He can't keep blaming Harper ....can he????

Comment

.....so the retailer's cost is going up? What $15 a bag, so they can't sell at a loss?.....that is too ****en funny! $15 on a $650 bag in 2.3%, I seriously doubt their margins are that tight! And if they are prove it to me and I will sympathize!

What I hate most is being treated like a fool.

Comment

Their was a Guy on one of those panels yesterday that said they knew she traveled to Canada regularly.

He says they could have contacted her and said we didn't want to get involved and don't come here.

This is JWR problem.

I doubt Mr. Trudeau knows trade problems effect ag.

Maybe his new ag minister can get a meet with him.

Hopefully Bunge etc, have some pull.

Oz is having the same issues with Coal. Slow boat unloads and shipments. Probably due to a Huawei ban.

China is sending a message. We all don't have the cards to play that Trump does.

He hasn't cashed in yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Trudeau had 5 ****ing days to make sure she wasn't arrested in Canada ....could have had the plane land in the States and let them deal with it.....

You send her to the states and let them deal with it....

I do agree we would have been collateral damage anyway but Trudeau didn't help with his nonsense...

He can't keep blaming Harper ....can he????
                            John Manley said exactly this right up until the big red machine got his muzzle back on. He went so far as to say it was stupid not to do it this way and a sign of inept management by the PMO.

Of course they can keep blaming Harper although it is noteworthy that last night when sock boy was avoiding mentioning LavScam at a glowbull warming rally he did NOT mention Harper either. The constant heckling at the above rally was reassuring. Maybe there really is hope for October.

Comment

Manley vs Mackay for the top job....

I think you would see shit get done in Canada....either way....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...