• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Today?!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Today?!

Big drop in canola May and July contracts today. It appears China is threatening sanctions in relation to Huawei issues. Doesn't look optimistic right now! Our fate rests with a new agriculture minister who was a mayor in Quebec and our idiot a prime Minister!

Canola 💩 🛌

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      Canola 💩 🛌
      Prices are even worse when you consider Cad $ lost 1.5 cents today.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Prices are even worse when you consider Cad $ lost 1.5 cents today.
        The wind is blowing hard today. I catch the odd whiff of a big shit storm a coming. Mr Leahy RIP

Comment

Sub 450 May?
          Dollar bad day, 30 some ships on west coast. No need to bid up Canola.
          Everybody have their 2019 production hedged? Or maybe some seed to cancel?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Sub 450 May?
            Was ready. Mostly sold out of 2019 crop. Notified seed dealer might not take seed. Go back to flax.

Wonder if our new Quebec ag minster is prepared to deal with the Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Was ready. Mostly sold out of 2019 crop. Notified seed dealer might not take seed. Go back to flax.

There’s an ag minister?

$100/acre rent starting to look like the best option this year.....

Comment

Sub 450 May?
                So I am curious what you would cancel? CPS wheat, popular in my area has lost over a dollar in fall bids. Hrs a bit softer not nearly as bad as CPS. Certainly the glow off canola for now. Feed barley looks not bad compared to historical prices. Peas are mediocre. So like I said what would you cancel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  So I am curious what you would cancel? CPS wheat, popular in my area has lost over a dollar in fall bids. Hrs a bit softer not nearly as bad as CPS. Certainly the glow off canola for now. Feed barley looks not bad compared to historical prices. Peas are mediocre. So like I said what would you cancel?
                  We are in the warmer longer season belt. Can go durum and lentils if needed. India is said to be coming back into the market. Canola without china in the trade is too risky.

In other news Trudeau phone up trump and threatens that Canada might not sign the new NAFTA agreement. Talk about shooting yourself in the face.

Comment

But but .... there was a smart ass on here that said politics has nothing to do with grain/oilseed markets . Well where the *** are you now ??? This is strictly political induced

Comment

Sub 450 May?

30 boats....what's the problem???????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        30 boats....what's the problem???????
                        They are probably waiting to take it for $8 because that's where its going without china in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Are you suggesting a little tariff on some Chinese products jazz? Only the big bad president does stuff like that. I think a little tariff might go a long way, after all the Chinese do that themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            Are you suggesting a little tariff on some Chinese products jazz? Only the big bad president does stuff like that. I think a little tariff might go a long way, after all the Chinese do that themselves.
                            No we cant do that. We have to export our resources that's our wealth but we have to import cheap Chinese junk because our labour is too expensive to make anything here and our manufacturing base is shrinking. We are stuck and we should have put ourselves under trumps wing as the new trade order is written but our childish leaders torpedoed that option when they treated him so badly so Trump is going to love watching us twist in the wind.

Comment

Bring on the $8 canola and $5 wheat. I'm tired of being priced out of the land market. Time to snip the horns off the land bulls.

Or at the very least, time to get clubroot farmers to put something else in their rotation!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...