• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workers Compensation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workers Compensation

As you know in alberta it recently became mandatory for some operations to cover employees. While our operation has had coverage for employees for nearly 40 years Occupational Health and Safety is now part of the Equation. Can you operators in Sask And Manitoba please explain how it works in your provinces with regards to OH and S. Thanks

1. I only need you for half a days work. You can choose any 12 hours you like.
    2. Everyday is Wednesday until we are done seeding and/or harvest.
    3. Do not put your ponytail / hands anywhere you would not put your c*#k / br*#sts.
    4. A kick in the ass is a step forward.
    Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Feb 27, 2019, 20:07.

Comment

We checked into this a bit. We opted not to take WCB. Bad thing about WCB is if you get hurt skiing or what ever you do for fun in your private life you aren't covered. You need to be hurt working at your job to be covered. Maybe a general disability policy would be better, one that covers you in private and work life?

Then I asked about OH&S and what having taken WCB would mean about having OH&S involved. Apparently they are separate. But if someone is hurt in a WCB insured operation does OH&S somehow get involved even though they are apparently separate?

One thing on WCB...it is an "everyone or no one" insurance, everyone drawing a salary in the company has to be insured. Apparently it is still optional for Farming. But would you want to be without it if you had a handful of arm's length employees?

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
        As you know in alberta it recently became mandatory for some operations to cover employees. While our operation has had coverage for employees for nearly 40 years Occupational Health and Safety is now part of the Equation. Can you operators in Sask And Manitoba please explain how it works in your provinces with regards to OH and S. Thanks
        Not sure how this will play out for ag. Way too many things that have to be done that in any other industry would not be allowed. Sounds dumb but its reality. They won't be stepping foot on my farm if i can help it. The powers they have are huge.

Friend of mine had them stop at his office cause an employee had a bogus complaint. They werent gonna leave until they found an infraction. All they could find was extra tables in the board room leaning against the wall. (Have to be flat on the floor evidently) When my friend questioned its logic they threatened him with an immediate stop work order if they werent gonna move the tables.

Some things are no brainers but most things are way overdone i think.

Comment

Wcb is a money grab and not for employees. Get hurt and need help from them good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
            Wcb is a money grab and not for employees. Get hurt and need help from them good luck.
            It's insurance and I would think anything the Insurer(insuring compwny) could do to reduce indemnity would be tried.

How many uninsured self employed people "work through or with" pain that some employees wouldn't.

There is probably enough abuse that legitimate claims are probably unnecessarily heavily scrutinized.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 27, 2019, 23:04.

Comment

I have heard that oh&s can investigate a farm related accident in sask and make recommendations but cant lay fines. Anyone know about that?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...