• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas "winter" wheat.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Suzuki wont be yapping about that
    To be clear, that is the lowest "high" ever recorded. Kinda has the effect of knocking the average down a notch.

Comment

I kid you not and saw payment slip with my own eyes.

Near neighbor got $424 per tonne for wheat on farm this week.

wowza

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        I kid you not and saw payment slip with my own eyes.

Near neighbor got $424 per tonne for wheat on farm this week.

wowza
        Domestic use?

Didn't you say prices were slipping or slid?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Domestic use?

Didn't you say prices were slipping or slid?
          Went to box trade was a $200t parcel suggest they were short on a contract and this giy was in the right place at the right time.

But he didnt actually know of destination my guess it may be getting shipped around to east coast and used domestically as you suggest.

Comment

Leary Weber's newsletter stated "funds" are still selling.....so down we go? More spookulation driving the market than ****damentals?

I think the wheat highs were in for 18/19....bring greedy and stubborn marketing grain doesn't make for a successful marketing year this year.

Don't get hypnotized by it all.

Comment

Time will tell how tough that wheat is ...

It’s early yet for sure but there will be some winter kill in a few spots .

Comment

GFS forecast low sunday am
                Click image for larger version

Name:	sunday early am temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	767115

GFS forecast low monday am
                Click image for larger version

Name:	monday early am.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	767116

Thats a lil on the chilly side that far south...

Comment

Hard to see in the picture, but lows in the single digits (f) throughout kansas both days, and teens even into Oklahoma for monday morning.

Comment

helmsdale thanks for posting those maps, but I think it's at least 4-6 weeks early. Over the last 20 years I've watched closely the spring temp maps and I think there was only 1 year where there was a huge significant market response to spring frost. Just 2 or 3 years ago I stayed up half the night watching live temps drop and drop. The crop had to be a week on either side of flowering, and the next day, nothing more than a yawn from the market. Either these newer varieties tolerate more spring frost, or they are more capable of regrowing from frost damage.

Comment

Glad I haven’t cleaned any grain yet, was planning on putting in quite a bit of wheat. How fast the markets can change! They may change back to more positive levels, but seems the world is full of wheat. Looks like I might be putting in a bit more durum than first planned.
                      I don’t believe nothing the reports you hear on crop ratings. It’s usually a lie to what’s happening. I’ve been around long enough to see ratings drop to lowest ever, then they still pull off a record crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...