• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It’s a Convoy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katoe View Post
    I was reading an article about the convoy and an unemployed rig worker from Red Deer and how tuff it was to be without work .Article caught my eye because it raises a question for me. In July one of our employees left us to go work on the rigs. He had never worked on them before.Aside from the usual temporary shut downs had worked fairly steady. and last week run out of work after working 40 days straight. Six days later being tomorrow hes off to Ft Mcmurray to work on another type of rig {wireline i believe}that he never worked on before. Hmmm. Whud up. Shouldnt there be enough unemployed rig workers that it would be tough for an unexperienced person to get a job? Just sayin
    Radio Ad on southern AB station, for the last 2 weeks is saying Syncrude Oil in Ft Mac is looking for 1000 heavy equipment operators and truck drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      Radio Ad on southern AB station, for the last 2 weeks is saying Syncrude Oil in Ft Mac is looking for 1000 heavy equipment operators and truck drivers.
      Some of them only work for a minimum wage.......
      Like 500 a day or they do t work. That is true for some. Not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Some of them only work for a minimum wage.......
        Like 500 a day or they do t work. That is true for some. Not a joke.
        Some of those guys might have to lower their expectations like farmers are having to in regards to wheat and canola prices!

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          Lot of bs there. See signs up around town looking for rig hands, truck drivers etc. Guys phone to find they’re simply fishing to see what is out there for workers.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Lot of bs there. See signs up around town looking for rig hands, truck drivers etc. Guys phone to find they’re simply fishing to see what is out there for workers.
            They are also now able to look for a higher standard of quality, whereas before a pulse was the only prerequisite, so there continues to be opportunities as the dead weight is weeded out.

Keep in mind that many of the people unable to find work are also unable to pass the drug tests, or aren't even smart enough to "study" for the upcoming tests.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              They are also now able to look for a higher standard of quality, whereas before a pulse was the only prerequisite, so there continues to be opportunities as the dead weight is weeded out.

Keep in mind that many of the people unable to find work are also unable to pass the drug tests, or aren't even smart enough to "study" for the upcoming tests.
              a few years back , I was looking after a drilling project in the Arctic . we were 12 hr drive north of Norman wells and part of the contract stated we had to hire some locals . only problem was the big drilling company I was representing had a very strict drug policy . I managed to find one local who was a very good guy to look after the security gate . I was being pressured to find more "locals" so asked this fellow if he had any friends that I could get . he laughed and said "no they're all at home studying for the drug test"
              it is really sad how bad it is up there .

Comment

but, back to the topic at hand . did that arrogant prick even meet up With the protestors ?

Comment

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nothing-seems-stopping-america-apos-140600006.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&fbclid=IwAR2l_qsgzrdCBATRYJXuBBv8Q-fsIH9GbjsV-gvzJlv2ulaXKWaq47U-KSA https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nothing-seems-stopping-america-apos-140600006.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&fbclid=IwAR2l_qsgzrdCBATRYJXuBBv8Q-fsIH9GbjsV-gvzJlv2ulaXKWaq47U-KSA

Comment

Motley Fool suggesting buy US pipeline companies. Hmmmm... Irony anyone??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...