• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPP Becomes slush fund for whackos.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard5, are you making big deposits at the snow bank? That will be a very liquid asset in April...good luck!
    Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 13, 2019, 19:26.

Comment

nowhere left to pile it here

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        nowhere left to pile it here
        We finally got some. There is quite a bit of loose stuff just laying around waiting for the next Ghetto blasting wind to blow it away or pile it up in places no one wants it. There hasn't been much wind here lately with the Arctic high locked on us.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Dividend income isn't RRSP eligible.

If you wanted to take dividend income and still make retirement savings equivelant to RRSPs from earned income....wouldn't the investments have to be in funds(mutual or ETFs) that don't trigger a capital gain or an interest slip(T5) to have tax free growth until the units are redeemed?
          ETFs will make distributions which are taxed if it's held in a taxable (non-registered) account. Need to hold them in an RRSP or TFSA to get tax-free growth.

The distributions consist of interest income, dividends, and a sprinkling of capital gains, depending what it's holdings are.

Seems like the way to go to make RRSP room without CPP contributions is rental income.

Comment

Marusko, I "thought" the capital gains, dividends and interest accrued in the non-registered ETF was tax sheltered until the investor divests themselves of it.

Edit in, well I thought wrong....I checked last year's tax return and attached are T3's (Tylenol 3's)

Sorry.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 13, 2019, 20:36.

Comment

That will be $1,200 for consultation services. Bill is in the mail.

Oh and it should be a T5 (the stronger one)
              Last edited by Marusko; Feb 14, 2019, 00:01.

Comment

Well, you guys are more interested in the $600 bucks a month. My point is how the h do these swindlers think they have the right to take the money that we paid and double-paid to prepare for our retirement and piss it away providing affordable housing in India?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...