• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blowing away low temperature records

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowing away low temperature records

Temp recorded at 7 am at the Vegreville research station west of Veg was -43.9 with wind chill at -51. Beats the old record of -38 for Feb 5.

Originally posted by ajl View Post
    Temp recorded at 7 am at the Vegreville research station west of Veg was -43.9 with wind chill at -51. Beats the old record of -38 for Feb 5.
    The extremes of "Climate Change".

Comment

Or the extremes of weather???????

Comment

We deniers can’t use those readings. It’s just weather don’t ya know. Yet the warmists use warmer than usual temps to state their case and confirm their “findings”.

They claim the north is warming faster than anywhere else. All I do is look at the conditions of the north. I have been watching this for many years, and unless Ice recently learned to not form at minus 30 and colder, it beats me?

But remember, use only warm weather to prove the global warming. Cold weather is just, weather.

Cbc ran an article about how the polar vortex and the recent brutal cold, is caused by global warming. I kid you not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          We deniers can’t use those readings. It’s just weather don’t ya know. Yet the warmists use warmer than usual temps to state their case and confirm their “findings”.

They claim the north is warming faster than anywhere else. All I do is look at the conditions of the north. I have been watching this for many years, and unless Ice recently learned to not form at minus 30 and colder, it beats me?

But remember, use only warm weather to prove the global warming. Cold weather is just, weather.

Cbc ran an article about how the polar vortex and the recent brutal cold, is caused by global warming. I kid you not.
          You’re forgetting, you can only use temperatures in cities that are constantly growing and heating themselves up. Rural temperatures can’t be considered anyway

Record high temperature here yesterday and close today
          Last edited by dalek; Feb 5, 2019, 15:46. Reason: Forgetfulness

Comment

The law of unintended consequences, if there is such a law, todays Winnipeg Free Press:

Opinion
            Stop scapegoating: people cause climate change
            Look no further than genocide of Indigenous Peoples, which caused Little Ice Age, study says
            Niigaan Sinclair By: Niigaan Sinclair
            Posted: 02/5/2019 3:00 AM | Comments: 156

Tweet 19 Post 81 Reddit ShareThis Print Email 14
            Between the 16th and 19th centuries, there was a period of worldwide cooling, with the peak between 1645-1715. During this period, winters in Europe and North America were on average 2 C lower, resulting in famine, infant mortality and increased sickness.

It has been called by scientists as the "Little Ice Age."

It wasn’t all bad though. Entire European cultural expressions and traditions emerged out of the cold.

Large, sweeping paintings of frozen waterways in Amsterdam (such as Winter Landscape by Jacob van Ruisdael) and snow on mountains and cities (such as Rome with Snow by Giovanni Paolo Panini) dominated the art world and shaped impressions of European life. Even Rembrandt produced his only winter painting during this time, in 1646.

In London, the River Thames froze, resulting in the legendary River Thames Frost Fair in 1607-08 and for two dozen times after (the last fair occurred in 1814).

The Thirty Years’ War between Protestants and Catholics in central Europe — caused by disputes not just over religion but land and food — has been linked to the Little Ice Age.

Wars were also won or lost due to the cold. Swedish soldiers were able to march over ice to attack Copenhagen in 1658.

In 1709, one of the coldest European winters on record, Peter the Great and his Russian army defeated Charles XII of Sweden largely due to how they handled the ice and snow.

In an article entitled "How fashion adapted to climate change — in the Little Ice Age," in The Conversation, researcher Lane Eagles argues the rise in wearing furs in Europe occurred due to the drop in temperatures.

One of the biggest social impacts of the increasing cold was scapegoating — or the blaming the weather on otherwise unrelated causes.

During desperate times, hunger, cold and fear would mix together to blame factors such as superstition, spirits and, most notably, women.

The rise of accusations of witchcraft increased during the 16th century in Europe. In 2016, German historian Wolfgang Behringer compared the rise of witchcraft prosecutions in the 14th century to the rise of the Little Ice Age and found criminal charges of women reached their peak during the coldest years of the period.

The cultural effects of the Little Ice Age cannot be understated. It formed, created and left a lasting legacy in much of what is called "European culture."

This naturally spreads into cultures of Canada and the United States today — built partly off a foundation of European tastes, beliefs, ideas and impressions.

What sparked the worldwide cold of the Little Ice Age? The genocide of Indigenous Peoples, according to a new study released last week by University College London (UCL).

Due to famine, war and disease after encountering Europeans, it is estimated nearly 56 million Indigenous people — nearly 90 per cent of the population — died in North America during the first 200 years of European colonization.

Comment

I saw that , unf$&kingbelievable !
              like arguing with a doorknob ?
              nothing to do with lack of Suns activity ? , solar minimum ?

Comment

We do not know. It has been a pretty mild winter.
                Yes it is cold . You live in sask. It Has been colder.
                Just not this day . What do you expect.
                A one degree shift is a little hard to notice over the long term.

That is why we have science.

And I admit , it might be a net benefit here.
                A little warning would not hurt my feelings.
                And at 2100 ft. Above sea level,flooding not a problem

But A few cold days does not necessarily mean it is not happening.
                Just as smoking hot temps in Australia are not proof it is
                Happining.
                I just do not understand why 95% of science would want to go along , with a wild ass greenie conspiracy.
                For the fun of it.

You are probably right that any attempt to curb CO2 emissions, Carbon tax , could be rife for abuse .
                Or wealth transfer

That does not mean , there is nothing in the science
                Last edited by sawfly1; Feb 5, 2019, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                  I just do not understand why 95% of science would want to go along , with a wild ass greenie conspiracy.
                  For the fun of it..
                  A lot of funding depends on going along.
                  A lot of tenure depends on it too.

Comment

Wow I’m surprised some of you Anti Science posters are still alive.
                    I cant imagine you let yourselves be Vaccinated

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                      A lot of funding depends on going along.
                      A lot of tenure depends on it too.
                      Yup. Many will do anything for a buck. Fortunately a few scientist were not so easy to buy off. Carbon taxes are supported by those who think they will be on the RECEIVING end.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        Yup. Many will do anything for a buck. Fortunately a few scientist were not so easy to buy off. Carbon taxes are supported by those who think they will be on the RECEIVING end.
                        - and the "useful idiots".

Sawfly, science is solid and dependable. However, the "science" that is used in the AGW theory is beyond suspect, as even some in the alarmist camp acknowledge that the placement of temperature recording stations has an impact on the reading.

In other words, the variables have not been eliminated, thus rendering the results unreliable and unfalsifiable.

Comment

Remember who pays their wages, plus another 600 million handed to the media to sell the turdo mantra. CBC 'journalists' have the same bias as all the "scientists" looking to maintain their govt funding for their "research". Fake news and fake science.

Comment

Hard to maintain credibility with the articles about indigenous population loss aiding the little ice age.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              Remember who pays their wages, plus another 600 million handed to the media to sell the turdo mantra. CBC 'journalists' have the same bias as all the "scientists" looking to maintain their govt funding for their "research". Fake news and fake science.

Agree, sad that they would sell their souls but since time began people have compromised their own common sense for personal gain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...