• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pace of Human Advancement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pace of Human Advancement

Consider this - for the 2008 Olympics, China built a 70 mile "demo" high speed train.

By 2018, China has 18,000 miles. Yes, that's eighteen thousand miles of high speed train tracks in service.

High speed trains service 30 of 33 provinces. By 2025 China will expand that network to 24,000 miles in 6 years.

In a decade, China went from 0 to 18,000 miles of train track... That is almost unimaginable in the Western World.

The rise and fall of cultures and societies...

And the sheer ability of humankind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1920px-Rail_map_of_PRC.svg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	778294

Wow, they must have a very efficient environmental impact study team.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      Wow, they must have a very efficient environmental impact study team.
      There are a few, and I mean very few positive attributes of such systems that are admirable, and the ability to just get something done which is in the public good, is one of them, possibly the only. Sometimes, the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few, especially if the few are only attempting to extort the many for their own personal financial (or political)gain.

Has anyone asked the average Chinese citizen if they would rather have an efficient and extensive high speed rail network to travel, or their own car and a road network capable of handling the same amount of traffic? I think it is safe to say that if we had such a rail network here, next to our existing road network, it would still be largely unused in favour of the automobile.

Comment

What is most needed is a HUGE dense population, nothing works in relatively UNPOPULATED Canada. And the rights of ONE out weigh the whole country..."Turdo 2 "
        There were two hours on aerial China on Bell, very impressive!
        Last edited by fjlip; Feb 4, 2019, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          There are a few, and I mean very few positive attributes of such systems that are admirable, and the ability to just get something done which is in the public good, is one of them, possibly the only. Sometimes, the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few, especially if the few are only attempting to extort the many for their own personal financial (or political)gain.

Has anyone asked the average Chinese citizen if they would rather have an efficient and extensive high speed rail network to travel, or their own car and a road network capable of handling the same amount of traffic? I think it is safe to say that if we had such a rail network here, next to our existing road network, it would still be largely unused in favour of the automobile.

Chinese motorwats are expansive.

Drive in shitty weather for 7 hours or hop on a bullet train and be there in 3... And well rested too.

I'll pick #2

Comment

Since the topic is human advancement, did anyone hear about the teacher in Moose Jaw who had a s——t caniption over a student wearing a MAGA (make America great again)cap to school. He actually forced the student to stand in front of the class, then bullied the class into publicly shaming the kid. Stupid fascist, called the student names and used some comment about the kid having a face he could punch. Boy, oh boy, that guy needs a rude awakening in the unemployment line. How would you guys make him understand that we will not tolerate political zealots “teaching” our kids howintolerant bullies act?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Since the topic is human advancement, did anyone hear about the teacher in Moose Jaw who had a s——t caniption over a student wearing a MAGA (make America great again)cap to school. He actually forced the student to stand in front of the class, then bullied the class into publicly shaming the kid. Stupid fascist, called the student names and used some comment about the kid having a face he could punch. Boy, oh boy, that guy needs a rude awakening in the unemployment line. How would you guys make him understand that we will not tolerate political zealots “teaching” our kids howintolerant bullies act?
              Source? That teacher is toast!

Comment

It was on Gormley today. I forget the teacher’s name but he and the boy were named. Maybe someone who listened to Gormley today can help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  It was on Gormley today. I forget the teacher’s name but he and the boy were named. Maybe someone who listened to Gormley today can help me out.
                  Thanks. I can look it up.

Comment

Although that teacher is guilty of abuse, many in the public sector feel the same way.

Comment

Chinese culture is an amazing thing and will possibly out last ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        Drive in shitty weather for 7 hours or hop on a bullet train and be there in 3... And well rested too.

I'll pick #2
                        I would too. But if you look around this country, people seem to prefer their own cars, at any expense over any type of public transit.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          I would too. But if you look around this country, people seem to prefer their own cars, at any expense over any type of public transit.

Hard to say. If you had a viable transit system it may be different.

I've taken public transit in Johannesburg, Las Vegas, and Buenos Aires.

I've never taken it in Saskatoon, though I tried to use the bus when Kurtis was born and we spent a week in the hospital... Connections didn't work out... So I took the truck in and out of that... Um... Maze.. ... Um... I meant parkade.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            What is most needed is a HUGE dense population, nothing works in relatively UNPOPULATED Canada. And the rights of ONE out weigh the whole country..."Turdo 2 "
                            There were two hours on aerial China on Bell, very impressive!
                            I agree all we need is another billion people to tax and away we go.

Comment

Apparently we gave another 53 million to venezuala and refugees. Oh well
                              The carbon tax will cover it. Or will it were supposed to make money on the carbon tax. More paid out than out in and rhat will change how we use fossil fuels???? Retarted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...