• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter MacKay.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I don't run elections either but you've got to accept there needs to be name recognition - and thus far Scheer is anonymous. Saying that the way the political process is supposed to work is that you vote for the Party representative of your choosing in your constituency. Scheer or Trudeau should be largely figureheads of their party and the public face. This move to more presidential style politics is not a good thing.
    Agreed. Parliamentary system has been working many years longer than a presidential system. I blame media and being on the doorstep of the elephant for this.

Comment

Smiling Harper 2.0 and his gang of dough heads can't even run Ads without controversy. Historica Canada will be taking the Con Party to court if they continue to run their Ads using the Canadian Heritage Minutes format.

As for Peter Mackay stepping in as leader, his old man was a career politician and sonny boy followed in his foot steps, sort of what you all complain about Justin doing.

I still remember Peter getting interviewed after Belinda dumping him, he was almost crying. Way to much weakness on display on his part.

Besides he sold out the Conservative Party to Harpo and his Reformer/Alliance buddies in return for personal gain.

Comment

Sheer has done well so far but he has a formidable task. He is basically an unknown going against a world rock star with a fawning media and the govts coffers at his disposal. To be basically neck and neck with that is an accomplishment in itself. This is probably a fractured minority coming. Cons and Libs hold the majority of votes, greens, bloc and PP getting a few seats each and NDP becoming a rump party, maybe 20 seats or something.

Even of Trudeau squeaks out a majority it will be so slim he will have to sit in the house every day and take questions and no more jetting around the world. That may be as good as we can hope for but its better than we have now.

Comment

Jazz, Scheer was the Speaker of the House for about 4 years. Unknown? And in politics forever.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Jazz, Scheer was the Speaker of the House for about 4 years. Unknown? And in politics forever.
            That position just sits in a chair. He never had a cabinet position and doesn't have a family name. I would say he has done well.

Sure there could be better candidates out there but we have to have the edges roughed off to win this. A doug ford type wont work. Trudeau is trying to use trump as a foil. I would say that conservatives can now use US dems as one too ie illegal immigration, 70% tax rates and late term abortions.

We need to whatever we can to stop this character. Another 50m donated today.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4921639/canada-to-host-lima-group-meeting-as-crisis-in-allies-meet-in-ottawa-to-discuss-crisis-in-venezuela/ Trudeau pledges $53M at Lima Group meeting
            Last edited by jazz; Feb 4, 2019, 11:35.

Comment

A recession in eastern Canada won’t set in soon enough to change enough minds. Next 4 years will be expensive and interesting.

Comment

I think the NDP vote will collapse.
                Not that my vote would matter here
                Anyway.
                He is just not a leader.
                Iffy on pipeline.
                There was one answer on terrorism , and he blew that.
                Again his religion ; should have had no part in politics.
                But it did.
                The NDP collapse will help the
                Liberals.
                I would rather have bumbbling
                Trudeau.
                Than Harper 2.0 scheer selling us out at every turn

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...