• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullish On Canadian Ag?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullish On Canadian Ag?

Wouldn't usually be until I read this;

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/did-bill-nye-just-suggest-the-u-s-will-have-to-annex-canada-to-grow-crops us will have to annex Canada to grow crops

Holy Sh*t can you imagine if something like that happened. Conjecture sure, but then the article references a book by Gwynn Dyer who predicts the same thing and some other frightening things;

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Climate-Wars-A-Review Gwynn Dyer's "Climate Wars"

Saw some of that and got a good laugh from science dude. Reality is US ag firing on all 8 cylinders (V8 engine) these days with record production of virtually everything. Would not have a problem with joining them. Montana had its biggest wheat crop ever and as CRP ground is put back into production, HRSW will relocate out of the northern prairies back into the northern states thanks to global cooling and fire smoke. Lots of green canola in the area this year so crops did not quite mature. So far HRSW holding a #3 depending on blending stock availability. Snowing here right now and we have lots so late spring again. Anybody want snow come and get it. Edmonton area.
    Last edited by ajl; Feb 1, 2019, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Reality is US ag firing on all 8 cylinders (V8 engine) these days....
      Too bad for those in the livestock side - cattle prices down, hog prices down, milk prices disastrous. And how are the soy, corn and wheat farmers doing?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Too bad for those in the livestock side - cattle prices down, hog prices down, milk prices disastrous. And how are the soy, corn and wheat farmers doing?
        The main reason prices are down is that production is up which was the point of what I said. What has been amazing is that dairy production has been so strong through three years of low, but not disastrous, prices. Profits have been weak recently but production has not slowed. When farmers really suffer, production slows.

Comment

Pretty sad when Bill Nye tells us we have no infrastructure.

LOL.

I Guess everyone but us knows it.

Comment

Maybe Bill Nye the science guy reads Agriville.....there is obviously some smart people here....with vision to boot.....toot toot....

Comment

I saw this on another source a few days ago, and thought, this may be the first and only time I've ever supported Bull Nye the Anti-Science guy in anything.

But for now on, Bill Nye for President. Not only will he annex Canada( or at least the productive portions), but also build some transportation infrastructure.

So what if he has all the wrong reasons, the enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...