• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never "had it" still havent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never "had it" still havent

geez better things to do than make a comeback to shearing tad warm in the shed. things we doClick image for larger version

Name:	51393300_2211255065861109_9202429475671769088_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	778288

Makes my back hurt just watching.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
      Makes my back hurt just watching.
      The "back aide" or sling im in helps no end.

Is spring loaded kinda supports your weight

Comment

How much do shearers get paid these days? And what is the record for most sheared in a day?

Comment

I never tried the sling - always looked like something I'd get tangled up in. ChuckChuck, a young fellow I know in Scotland sheared 2142 in a 50 hour marathon shear in 2017. Don't know what length a regular day is considered to be and how many is the highest # but that feat is going to take a bit of beating. He had surgery to remove his appendix 3 weeks before the event too!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            How much do shearers get paid these days? And what is the record for most sheared in a day?
            Around $3 to 3.20

A day is 7.30 to 9.30 then 10 to 12 then 1 to 3 then 3.30 to 5.30 but most stop at 5

I believe its 460 for merino ewes and about 570 for merino lambs.

british breed sheep suffolk etc with little wool possibly 700

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...