• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBN Farmers Business Network? Who is a member and how do they like it.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understand US farmers use quite a bit higher percentage of generic chemicals that Canadian farmers do. I know for myself I would sooner buy generics than the name brand and have to wait 6 months for a rebate check. Its rare that we would buy actual "round up" anymore. With l the liberty canola's coming from other companies, I am looking to see competitively priced liberty herbicide at some point. From my understanding FBN is selling a lot of name brand seed in the US and really making waves doing it. Margins on the seed sales side are now squeezed a bit and some aren't happy. What really stuck out for me was the fact in the US (and maybe up here too) was the different pricing on seed depending on location. Farmers in the heart of the best corn and soybean areas were paying more for seed for the same varieties than farmers further from the most productive land. It was definitely not a transportation issue the way the pricing maps looked. Knowledge is power.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...