• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

650k ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Because putting up this in the offseason would just make too much sense.

[ATTACH]3878[/ATTACH]
    What are you going to do in there that the fieldhouse in Regina can’t do already?

Comment

Gas, hotels, restaurant meals, shopping, bars. People spend money on this stuff around game days. The ****en 50/50 draw at the game can even get to be a fair size.

I realize the stadium cost a pile of money for not many game days. Not everyone is a Rider fan but Saskatchewan seems to do a decent job of filling the stadium for a province of 1.1 million widely spread out population. The Riders have one hell of a fan base even if some days they don't deserve it.

I don't get to many games at all but the atmosphere in that stadium can be absolutely electric. Even if you aren't a fan, you should experience one game(with an open mind).

Think we could fill it if the Foo Fighters skipped Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg? You bet we could! How many people do you know who travelled to one of those three cities to see a big act?

There is potential.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        If Taylor field, now demolished, wasn't good enough....why didn't the riders organization build the stadium instead of the taxpayers....

As I said before...99.9% of saskatchewan's population will never see a football game in the new stadium but are forced to pay for it....the players for the most part don't leave their money here once the season is over and neither do most of the coaches....so as far as it creating spinoffs ...I can't buy in...

Oh and those concerts that have been held ...well those bands leave with their money....the rest of the time average citizens that are a costco run put money in the local economy ....
        99.9 percent?

What about all the money fans or concert goers spend in the city or province travelling to and from these events. Does that not create economic spin offs for the province and city?

Comment

Originally posted by skfarmer707 View Post
          What are you going to do in there that the fieldhouse in Regina can’t do already?
          Field house is fine for a track and some tennis courts in the middle, but enclosing the turf creates a couple soccer fields instantly and they are used all winter long. Then the space for soccer in the Co-operators center could be converted to year round ice. Youth hockey, skating and soccer are much more important than the riders.

Could have actually done this with the other proposal. $100M Taylor field revamp, domes on the field for winter soccer, new $200M hockey arena, Brandt ice gets converted to public skating and smaller events and co-operators gets 3 new sheets of ice.

I should be on council.

Comment

Field house is fine for a track and some tennis courts in the middle, but enclosing the turf creates a couple soccer fields instantly and they are used all winter long. Then the space for soccer in the Co-operators center could be converted to year round ice. Youth hockey, skating and soccer are much more important than the riders.

Could have actually done this with the other proposal. $100M Taylor field revamp, domes on the field for winter soccer, new $200M hockey arena, Brandt ice gets converted to public skating and smaller events and co-operators gets 3 new sheets of ice.

I should be on council.
            At least you gave some ideas. I don’t know if Regina is short on rinks. Or if they are short on space for soccer in the field house but you can always put your dome on the field and do these changes at any time.

Just a question but why do the pats need a new hockey rink? Does the province miss out on concerts because we don’t have a large enough indoor venue to host these events?

Also if Regina is short on rinks the surrounding communities would benefit from the ice rentals coming from the city. I know our small town does from estevan going from three rinks to two. Is that a bad thing?

Comment

Also if Regina is short on rinks the surrounding communities would benefit from the ice rentals coming from the city. I know our small town does from estevan going from three rinks to two. Is that a bad thing?

Ice is pretty booked up here so I would think the space would be used. Maybe the pats don't need a rink, bit now they are floating a proposal for a new rink for them anyway.

All I am saying if you are going to commit public money of that amount and then raise property taxes to pay for it, you better spread the money around better and make sure the max number of people benefit.

The stadium and bypass cost more than $2B dollars, add in the GTH and we have billions sunk in around here. That could have been easily spread around for the same benefit. The bypass is built out to a point where the city of Regina would have to double in size to get to. The GTH will never ever be busy. Govt never fails to f up.

Comment

Ice is pretty booked up here so I would think the space would be used. Maybe the pats don't need a rink, bit now they are floating a proposal for a new rink for them anyway.

All I am saying if you are going to commit public money of that amount and then raise property taxes to pay for it, you better spread the money around better and make sure the max number of people benefit.

The stadium and bypass cost more than $2B dollars, add in the GTH and we have billions sunk in around here. That could have been easily spread around for the same benefit. The bypass is built out to a point where the city of Regina would have to double in size to get to. The GTH will never ever be busy. Govt never fails to f up.
                I’m not going to dispute the GTH and bypass as I’m not familiar enough with the cost as well as the other options they had. I don’t think the stadium should be lumped in with those two other issues though.

Comment

I’m not going to dispute the GTH and bypass as I’m not familiar enough with the cost as well as the other options they had. I don’t think the stadium should be lumped in with those two other issues though.
                  DO you think maybe moving it to somewhere between the transcanada and the south bypass would have made more sense than leaving it where it is?

The whole farm show thing in Regina should be yanked out of the exhibition grounds to a new location...

If you have already drove 2 hours or more to a farm show or rider game getting to the city isn't much of a stretch .....

Comment

DO you think maybe moving it to somewhere between the transcanada and the south bypass would have made more sense than leaving it where it is?

The whole farm show thing in Regina should be yanked out of the exhibition grounds to a new location...

If you have already drove 2 hours or more to a farm show or rider game getting to the city isn't much of a stretch .....
                    Your saying they should have built it on the outskirts of the city?

Comment

Your saying they should have built it on the outskirts of the city?
                      Well between the transcanada and the south bypass....which in 10 years probably won't be the outskirts....

Easier access....but yes I guess for the time being ...and the farm shows are just stupid to be where they are now....dont even know why they built the barns where they did.....should have moved them when they had the chance...

Last time I tried to go to the FPS there was a rider game so they wouldn't let us park even though we were going to be gone long before the game started....**** it I said...went and had a nice dinner in Moose Jaw and went home....

But hey I haven't been to the ag in motion show so maybe FPS has run its course.....People in Regina don't think agriculture needs any attention anyway....

Comment

Well between the transcanada and the south bypass....which in 10 years probably won't be the outskirts....

Easier access....but yes I guess for the time being ...and the farm shows are just stupid to be where they are now....dont even know why they built the barns where they did.....should have moved them when they had the chance...

Last time I tried to go to the FPS there was a rider game so they wouldn't let us park even though we were going to be gone long before the game started....**** it I said...went and had a nice dinner in Moose Jaw and went home....

But hey I haven't been to the ag in motion show so maybe FPS has run its course.....People in Regina don't think agriculture needs any attention anyway....
                        Yeah a argument can be made for having the stadium out of the city. Benefits for parking but there are benefits to having it in the city as well. I still think they are missing the boat not building any restaurants and bars around the stadium. I was in favour of the old cp yard site.

Yeah ag in motion might take over completely for the farm show someday.

Agree it’s a pain in the ass to park for agribition and the farm show. More buses transferring people helps but it’s still not perfect by any stretch.

Comment

Yeah a argument can be made for having the stadium out of the city. Benefits for parking but there are benefits to having it in the city as well. I still think they are missing the boat not building any restaurants and bars around the stadium. I was in favour of the old cp yard site.

Agree it’s a pain in the ass to park for agribition and the farm show. More buses transferring people helps but it’s still not perfect by any stretch.
                          Its just the subsidization and lack of planning that piss me off....why....

Who sat in the meeting and decided just west of Regina ...a province of 1.1 million people needed a series of overpasses for a city of 4 million or more people.....and while they were at it decided to build a new stadium thats ****ing stupid to get to when most of the fans come from all over the province and they have the opportunity to have easier access to ...

Why the **** didn't they think just a little bit....end rant.

Comment

There was way too much contamination from spilt diesel fuel at ole cp yard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...