• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land for rent...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Nobody seems too concerned here anymore.
    Which is a little dangerous.
    Same here. Plant clubroot resistant varieties, I think there is some one year residual type of product you can add to the cost of the recipe and then SEEEEEEND IT . Straight cut 50 bu/ac, sell for $10.00/bu and laugh all the way to the bank. It works until it doesn’t.

Comment

This biological fungicide MADE/SUPPLIED BY BAYER(Austranada, horrifying isn't it!) is for schlerotinia not clubroot.

Apply the fall before seeding canola(any brassica crops). A bit of a shot in the dark because you don't know for sure the disease will be a problem. Definitely seen as more of a preventative measure than control of infection after the fact. I guess a field history in the wet zones might warrant it.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Where did you find the picture of me and the Mrs?

Comment

What goes on the net stays caught in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

This biological fungicide MADE/SUPPLIED BY BAYER(Austranada, horrifying isn't it!) is for schlerotinia not clubroot.

Apply the fall before seeding canola(any brassica crops). A bit of a shot in the dark because you don't know for sure the disease will be a problem. Definitely seen as more of a preventative measure than control of infection after the fact. I guess a field history in the wet zones might warrant it.
            its like getting all your shots when young as opposed to fighting every disease with bandaid solutions....

Fungicides are a bandaid....but a tremendous moneymaker for those companies...

Comment

How much does it cost per acre?

Comment

https://www.producer.com/2019/01/tight-year-ahead-for-crop-profitability/

These numbers are pretty sobering. If a quarter section of canola only nets $2600, why bother. That’s $2600 for a year off a quarter. Can pump gas and make that in a month. Or skilled trade and make that in a matter of days. Madness

Comment

Thats at least 3 free ads for CONTANS.....and some comments about it....negative or positive it doesn't matter its getting talked about...

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                    https://www.producer.com/2019/01/tight-year-ahead-for-crop-profitability/

These numbers are pretty sobering. If a quarter section of canola only nets $2600, why bother. That’s $2600 for a year off a quarter. Can pump gas and make that in a month. Or skilled trade and make that in a matter of days. Madness
                    but if you rent more land, you can make up for it.

Comment

If clubroot became widespread across the black soil zone farming would look a lot different. There was a reason so much ground was dedicated to livestock at one point. The climate isn’t conducive to growing #2 wheat every year let alone the odd time a #1. Before canola seen the yield gains it was a big player but nothing like it is now. If rotations were to be lengthened out even an extra year imagine the extra glut of cereals on a shaky rail infrastructure. A lot of canola is processed in Canada and doesn’t glut like an export driven cereal market.

Comment

That is my thoughts, less 50% canola with 4 year rotation. 50% more cereals? How do the crushers/seed companies/exporters swallow that "suggestion"? I bet NOT a one agree to cut by 50%.

Comment

Fj, sometimes Mother Nature has more say in what we can successfully grow than what we think we can or want. I've all but given up on durum, until I forget how hard and miserable marketing fusarium infected durum can be. Maybe the bastards just ground me down. Hard to know what the growing season will be like at seeding time.

We are also having problems with rootrots in peas. Seed treatments are short term bandaid protection.

When clubroot can no longer be "managed", what's the alternative? Play by Mother Nature's rules?

Comment

Fj, sometimes Mother Nature has more say in what we can successfully grow than what we think we can or want. I've all but given up on durum, until I forget how hard and miserable marketing fusarium infected durum can be. Maybe the bastards just ground me down. Hard to know what the growing season will be like at seeding time.

We are also having problems with rootrots in peas. Seed treatments are short term bandaid protection.

When clubroot can no longer be "managed", what's the alternative? Play by Mother Nature's rules?
                            In previous AV posts, Furrowtickler has some strong insight on root rot in peas. I cant recall the details but there was some logic to it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...