• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatoon seed royalty meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    So everybody is a troll that is presenting the real facts? Your so full of shit on the payroll while the rest of us are paying for this horseshit. People like you give rhe idiots at government their ammo and stupid ideas at least stupid for us but not for the upper ranks of our industry. It's brilliant get a few **** roaches that benefit themselves represent the industry and fk the rest of you. Plain and simple that's what this allnis about.

You said you helped get rid of cwb did yo also lobby for the horrseshit system that was left that in many ways is worse than the cwb because it's led to terminal closures reallocation of trains etc that has screwed up not just wheat but other commodities as well.
    Could you expand your comment of being on the payroll? In 10 years I have never once taken even a per diem. I have never sat on a comisission except the original winter wheat and there was no money for that. WG do not pay per diems. I assume then you mean some company is paying me or something? Love to here your theory. If I’m so stupid giving ideas then why do you get involved and lay out Plan
    Last edited by vvalk; Jan 19, 2019, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
      Too bad Bucket you weren’t running all these farm groups for the last 20 years. Everything’s wouldnbe perfect now. You have to be the smartest farmer in the prairies. Answers for everything. I bet you must be the most successful farmer in central Sask. with our attention to detail. No wait All of Sask.

I was suggesting these things to the CWB while you were working in Ottawa...I can name names if you want about people that were there that never could take the time to discuss it....

Its always the same ****ing thing ......"....you should have been involved..." yup you are right and ****ing guys like you shouldn't have been....

There in lies the problem....Accepting responsibility is humbling ...unless you are too stupid to admit it and defer to others with what you just wrote....

I am not saying to anyone I told you so....I am trying to avoid it from happening again...

You just want to pat yourself on the back...

But if you want to talk the seed tax.....what safeguards have you put in place to insure varieties are not deregistered or re-classified to suit the newer variety...and who pays for a Triffid incident...

Answer those and you might gain some credibility....small details...

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
        So why do you default to the farmer being the one providing the seed capital for the investment ?

If the seed is that good, we will buy it. What you are proposing is we provide the money in the hopes of something coming up.

And if the solution is already on the shelf, why are we even having the conversation.
        Not sure what or mean here. Companies say in an EPR system pay for the development. You pay to use it after the fact

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          I was suggesting these things to the CWB while you were working in Ottawa...I can name names if you want about people that were there that never could take the time to discuss it....

Its always the same ****ing thing ......"....you should have been involved..." yup you are right and ****ing guys like you shouldn't have been....

There in lies the problem....Accepting responsibility is humbling ...unless you are too stupid to admit it and defer to others with what you just wrote....

I am not saying to anyone I told you so....I am trying to avoid it from happening again...

You just want to pat yourself on the back...

But if you want to talk the seed tax.....what safeguards have you put in place to insure varieties are not deregistered or re-classified to suit the newer variety...and who pays for a Triffid incident...

Answer those and you might gain some credibility....small details...
          Again you swim around in a fish bowl when there is an ocean out there. Problem is with arm choir quarterbacks is you don’t know what you don’t know. The WG aren’t getting into the weeds to figure this all out. We were just out in front suggesting the status quo isn’t working and we need more investment. It’s uo the the whole industry and maybe the commissions to get into the details Most of the issues you have with getting rid the the CWB stem to the CGC. I would have loved to get involved with shaping a new CGC or eliminating it. But the Govt wouldn’t touch another issue while the CEB fight was on. You bring up reporting of sales. That’s a i brainer. We all would love that. I have no idea why that isn’t done but that has nothing to do with The WG how much power do you think we have to get into those kind of Details

Comment

Again you swim around in a fish bowl when there is an ocean out there. Problem is with arm choir quarterbacks is you don’t know what you don’t know. The WG aren’t getting into the weeds to figure this all out. We were just out in front suggesting the status quo isn’t working and we need more investment. It’s uo the the whole industry and maybe the commissions to get into the details Most of the issues you have with getting rid the the CWB stem to the CGC. I would have loved to get involved with shaping a new CGC or eliminating it. But the Govt wouldn’t touch another issue while the CEB fight was on. You bring up reporting of sales. That’s a i brainer. We all would love that. I have no idea why that isn’t done but that has nothing to do with The WG how much power do you think we have to get into those kind of Details
            No wonder we re in this mess you keep rambling on about nothing.
            Tell us how you spent 10 years in Ottawa getting rid of cwb? Because that laid the groundwork for the shitahow we have now. Blaming back on the cgc well who advised whoabout those changes to the cgc? What did you do were you an mp assistant? Or did you actually do nothing?

Comment

You said you spent 10 years working on eliminating the CWB and you don't know why sales reporting wasn't implemented....thats complete incompetence...I was asking for it from the people at the CWB...and companies like Cargill already do it in the states....

The CGC has 130 million of farmers money so really the fix would be easy and guys like WMOEBIS are more qualified to comment and he has.....it obvious you don't understand his comments ...

And you would be one of the last guys that should be involved in shaping a new CGC....you have masters to answer to...no matter how intelligent you say you are...

Comment

Not sure what or mean here. Companies say in an EPR system pay for the development. You pay to use it after the fact
                That isn't how it has played out in Australia. All varieties went to EPR, millions and millions collected from EPR, yet no real advances were made anyway. Certainly in transition what you say is true, yet it is easy to deregister existing varieties very quickly which then becomes an income to developers that really don't need to work very hard to come up with advances.

The reason canola and HT for example were successful was a good idea was developed, and we payed to use it. Why doesn't that work for wheat and barley? Because there are no good ideas worth investing in.

Comment

But I guess none of this discussion matters, the decision is already made if "farmer" organizations are behind it.

Comment

vvalk, if you cant see that our problems in the cereals market have nothing to do with some desperate need to new high yielding varieties subsidized by the farmer, you are lost and I am saddened people like you are supposedly our advocates.

Answer buckets question, why does a 4cwad sell the same price as a 1cwad? Why did guys get $6 for fusarium infected crap and the top stuff went for just a dollar more? God man, cant you see the disconnect.

Comment

WD9,

I can buy vvalk's argument of beneficial advancements made in disease resistance, nitrogen fixation, and maybe some novel traits. So there can be some goals to strive for. But there has to be public acceptance of these goals as well. And I don't want to be the only one paying for these advancements while the rest of the Industry benefits at my "expense". GrainCos and RRs could have more product to handle. ChemCos may have more products to sell. All I ever seem to do is pay and have no way of recouping, at a value I feel fair to me, any of my extra expenses. Every other business seems to get cost plus!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        vvalk, if you cant see that our problems in the cereals market have nothing to do with some desperate need to new high yielding varieties subsidized by the farmer, you are lost and I am saddened people like you are supposedly our advocates.

Answer buckets question, why does a 4cwad sell the same price as a 1cwad? Why did guys get $6 for fusarium infected crap and the top stuff went for just a dollar more? God man, cant you see the disconnect.
                        Just because I am having a grand old time with this I will try explaining something again...

in 2016 I use previous years durum seed and the crop was garbage fusarium infected....it was sold as fast as I could get rid of it....didnt matter if guys sprayed or not ...it was commercial savage....

In 2017 used the same seed as 2016 as I had leftover....voila ..1cwad

2018 was 1cwad prior to the 5 week delay....and suddenly commercial savage durum was worth more than a 3cwad....in mid august I could have signed the entire durum crop as 5cwad with 10ppm FUZZ and got more than most guys with 1cwad....it still doesn't make sense.....

But the question remains....what ****ing R&D does a farmer need to grow 3/4/5cwad that ends up worth more than a 1cwad thats had the groceries poured to it...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          WD9,

I can buy vvalk's argument of beneficial advancements made in disease resistance, nitrogen fixation, and maybe some novel traits. So there can be some goals to strive for. But there has to be public acceptance of these goals as well. And I don't want to be the only one paying for these advancements while the rest of the Industry benefits at my "expense". GrainCos and RRs could have more product to handle. ChemCos may have more products to sell. All I ever seem to do is pay and have no way of recouping, at a value I feel fair to me, any of my extra expenses. Every other business seems to get cost plus!!!!!
                          I want to legislate elevators have to pay me an EPR on grain i grow and deliver. That way they can pay me so I can develop ways to grow more grain and deliver more. It's win win.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            WD9,

Public good is always on table still to be a Part of the funding

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                              I want to legislate elevators have to pay me an EPR on grain i grow and deliver. That way they can pay me so I can develop ways to grow more grain and deliver more. It's win win.
                              I hear you wd9, and the word I picked up on was, "legislate".

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Not sure why you make this comment to me. I have argued with commissions over and over we don’t need to grow more grain ( higher yields) until we can ship now what we grow. Why not spend some commission money to detail how we fix the 5 biggest bottle necks in the systems
                                As for arguing about durum right now how does this apply? There isn’t any international buyers right now for durum and we have the highest feed market price in southern Alberta in North America. That’s why the price is the same. I myself will be selling #1 durum Into the feedlots. how does Italy shuttin down imports have to do with this whole thread How many times, all over the world, in the last 20 years has top grade grain sold for the same as feed Happens all the time

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...