• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE Wall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    The tunnel argument is stupid. The wall is a symbol as much as it is a barrier. Its a symbol that the US is cracking down. If I was a drug dealer standing a few miles from it, I would certainly think twice.

If you have to stop a few hundred feet at the wall, then start digging a tunnel to come out the other side, that's sustained activity right at the thing which could be easily detected. And the easiest way to make sure that nobody uses tunnels is collapse a few of them with seismic charges.
    As I said, the US has already sealed 234 tunnels with cement, yet they are still being built. Egypt and Israel have used explosives to destroy tunnels, filled them with poisonous gas, flooded them with sea water and now are pumping sewage into tunnels yet tunnels are still being dug and used and worse yet they have contaminated soil and ground water. In 2014 they started to create a buffer zone on both sides of the wall to limit tunnelling. The initial plan was a 500 m buffer zone. That zone has now been expanded to 5 km because of sophistication of tunnels. Tunnels found are up to 100 feet deep, have ventilation systems, tracks, and pumps.

Go to Vietnam and check out the tunnels the Viet Cong built and which were most effective against the US forces.

And if you don't think these tunnels are effective, then how will a wall stop someone like Barry Seal who was earning up to a million dollars a flight for bringing drugs in by air? And if he earned a million a flight, think of the value of drugs he was carrying on every flight he made.

Even the great wall of china did not stop individual nomads from crossing the wall, nor this if prevent the overthrow of the Ming dynasty when Northern invaders came through the wall.

The sea to sea wall is a waste of money! And where a wall is needed it is already in place in most areas.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01_2tvtQcE

They all supported a better wall and higher security....... just never did anything about it .

I could care less , but where was the anger when Obama was pushing the same exact thing ?

Comment

Why is this even an issue?
        THEN

BELIEVE ME FOLKS WERE GONNA BUILD A WALL SUCH A GREAT WALL LIKE NO ONE EVER BUILT A WALL. AND MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT......BELIEVE ME OH THEY WILL PAY!!!

Hahahaha

NOW

PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME MONEY EVEN A LITTLE SO I DONT LOOK STUPID AS I AM!!

Comment

First 5 billion will not build a wall.
          Estimate is 20 /25 billion ,
          Land wall, service roads .
          Then after 10 years matinance costs start to add up. Couple billion year.

I can see building some sections
          Then the border control could concentrate on other parts , that are not real suitable for a wall.

Trump should start with with the 2.5 billion offered.
          Then worry about the rest later

Comment

Still hoping he starts charging $100 a head for anyone crossing in from Mexico by land. And maybe apply that same charge to smug Canadians flying out of, or to, Mexico, over US airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              But people are harder to conceal than drugs
              Farm I agree with most of what you say. I believe more border security is needed, and democrats have offered money in the past and are still offering billions for border security. Just not an ineffective wall.

Where I disagree with you is that people are harder to conceal. You do not even need to conceal people like you do drugs. Had the wall been in place before 9/11 it would have not stopped a single hijacker. 14 came in on tourist visas, 4 on business visas, and one on a student visa. One of those with a tourist visa actually enrolled in pilot training which is not allowed and in fact entered and left 7 times on tourist visas while training. That is how most illegal immigrants get in the US. The come in legally and simply do not leave. And a wall will not stop a single person coming in as a tourist or student.

Comment

Oh crap!

I thought this was going to be about Brad.

I believe that this Canadian discussion of an US matter should be only academic to us, but again, crap, most of you have internalized it.

I'm surprised that 800,000 federal employees/basically woofers now would be so silently patriotic. Even woofers should know when the are being used. When does the "big hurt" start, and a beyond the system collapse result. Too few phoning in sick because the phones are still being answered so far.

My view, no pay, no bullet taking protection for you, as agents step aside with diverted eyes, government, are you now concerned? Air Force 1 pilots not being payed. Ooooh, scary!

Comment

Trump can pay for the wall in a year by taxing illegal remittances back to mexico. Yes believe it or not, illegals cross the border, find some work and the remit the money out of the country to the tune of billions. US is directly subsidizing Mexico and it still doesnt stop people from coming.

How in the world did this insanity every get approved?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01_2tvtQcE

They all supported a better wall and higher security....... just never did anything about it .

I could care less , but where was the anger when Obama was pushing the same exact thing ?
                    Lots of fun and games watching the politics unfold due to who is proposing the wall.

Democrats simply don’t want Trump to keep an election promise.

Comment

[QUOTE=jazz;400270]Trump can pay for the wall in a year by taxing illegal remittances back to mexico. Yes believe it or not, illegals cross the border, find some work and the remit the money out of the country to the tune of billions. US is directly subsidizing Mexico and it still doesnt stop people from coming.

[/QUOTa

LOL If the US cannot even stop illegals from working and getting paid when they are in the US, how in the hell do you think they will tax the flow of cash illegals send back to family in Mexico. The US can't prevent US citizens from cheating the tax man and you think they will be able to tax black market labor proceeds shipped out of country. Give me a break.

As stupid as the grand plan some are putting forward of a $100.00 head tax for entry from Mexico. Sure, you could introduce such a tax. In fact, such taxes are already in place and called visas. Canadians who have travelled outside NA/Europe likely have had to apply for a visa for some of their travels and pay the visa fee to visit that country. Unless you have travelled extensively, you have no idea how expensive, time consuming, and intrusive it is to obtain visas for some countries. More importantly, Canada also requires a visa for visitors from countries that impose a visa on travel to their citizens So if US imposed a single entry visa on Mexico, Mexico would do the same back and all of a sudden every US visitor to Mexico would have to pay the same $100 fee, or maybe even more to enter Mexico. Border cities which rely on daily crossing of legal labourers would likely lose their labor or find labor costs increase by $100 dollars a day per laborer to cover the visa cost. Do you really like paying tax that much you are willing to fork over $100 to the US government every time you want to cross the border?
                      Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jan 18, 2019, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Far as guns are concerned, from what I see criminals are just getting rid of each other around here. As for Montreal, same scenario. Farmers use them to fend off vermin and some hunting for food. But you have heard this all before yet continue to sing the same song. You may need to defend yourself or your family some day, then I bet your tune will change.
                        Precisely.

Comment

I enjoyed this view from Mexico. Particularly the "dark web" part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8 http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8

Comment

[QUOTE=dmlfarmer;400277]
                            Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            LOL If the US cannot even stop illegals from working and getting paid when they are in the US, how in the hell do you think they will tax the flow of cash illegals send back to family in Mexico. The US can't prevent US citizens from cheating the tax man and you think they will be able to tax black market labor proceeds shipped out of country. Give me a break.

Paying your illegal gardener out the back porch isn't the same as sending remittances. These people cant carry cash back across the border so they are wiring it through remittance companies, wire transfers etc. All you need to do is tax the destination. Tax is waived if you show evidence of your legal status in the US.

Simple, just no will power to do it, until now. Why should illegal gains benefit someone who is not a citizen and then sent to another person in another country who is also not a citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Funny ag star since he won the Democrats have done everything to get a charge to stick. Well, they are running out of time. Maybe they should or focused so hard on Hillary.

Just saying you have no clue on USA politics.
                              You must not watch Jerry Springer.The best is always kept till the end of the show.

Comment

[QUOTE=jazz;400294]
                                Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post

Paying your illegal gardener out the back porch isn't the same as sending remittances. These people cant carry cash back across the border so they are wiring it through remittance companies, wire transfers etc. All you need to do is tax the destination. Tax is waived if you show evidence of your legal status in the US.

Simple, just no will power to do it, until now. Why should illegal gains benefit someone who is not a citizen and then sent to another person in another country who is also not a citizen.
                                So are you are advocating government surveillance of every wire transfer and electronic transfer of funds? I am betting most on this list can transfer funds to a third party via cell phone and computer. Should the government be able to monitor every such device and tax payments until they are proven to be not from illegal gains? And how are you going to tax bitcoin and etherium and all other virtual currencies, many designed to hide the parties and transaction details? It is not simple to do.

I got a better idea, why not freeze the assets of any company and individual who is found to be hiring illegals. Are they not the real problem, giving employment and in essence providing the safe haven and livelihood for illegals? Oh wait, Trumps own hotels and businesses have been identified as hiring illegals. And I wonder how many landowners and farms have illegals tending their crops. Guess that won't work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...