• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNA testing services...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    I am not surprised in the least that law enforement was granted access.

I said if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. Although the article did mention innocent relatives of guilty people can be dragged into investigations. They could use your relation to the suspect to help close the loop on them. I guess all you'd have to do is provide a DNA sample to prove your not an exact match...still an invasion of privacy and giving up anonymity to prove your innocent.

Market Place interviewed a guy who called the whole thing, the way these companies are representing DNA testing and the merits of the results of determining ancestry, "recreational science" and "entertainment". But the results can definitely be useful for solving some crimes by direct and indirect matches.

My nephew got my parents the kits...I guess our family is now in the data base. I don't think I have anything to worry about...do I????
    We're not mob related but you never know there could be some half siblings running around out there I'm not aware of.

And if they find a hair in a crime scene?

Comment

Trudueas' cousin???
      Might not want to know. Hahahahaha
      Or trump could be freaky if you were a Russian prostitute. Hahahaha

Grassfarmer and saskfarmer? They act like my relatives all the time. Hahahaha
      Last edited by the big wheel; Feb 2, 2019, 04:42.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
        And if they find a hair in a crime scene?
        That hair may have put you at the crime scene but you may have not committed the crime. There could be a good reason, an innocent reason, that hair was there but you might be thrust into a living hell defending yourself. Especially when it comes to over zealous confession seeking intergators. The treatment and interrogation process some wrongly convicted have experienced is criminal as well, mental and psychological abuse...even physical abuse...without even touching them.

Between the digital footprint and the new DNA fingerprint, never has society had less privacy and anonymity. Tinfoil anyone?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...