• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    They surely helped but they didn't win WW2 by themselves. They did not alter the course of WW1. They have a history of sitting on the fence until they see who is going to win before joining in.
    You need a history lesson or two. By the way mr.ungrateful. But there's no talking to someone that has an attitude like yours. I would imagine you keep the verbal garbage isolated to the keyboard. I cant imagine people putting up with you face to face. Your probably not a bad guy, just terribly ignorant anonymously.

Comment

What a bunch of self-righteous hypocrisy - your ancestors all moved here for a better life and opportunity but now you're here and comfortable you seek to deny the same to others. The comment about not being thankful to the Americans for their war performance is an insult to our Canadian veterans - the Americans only joined WW1 for the final year while the commonwealth forces fought for 4 years. In WW2 they only joined in '41 because the Japanese attacked them - there is no indication they would ever have got involved otherwise despite what was happening in Europe.
      Maybe we should build a wall on the Canada/US border and let all you folks that think the sun shines out of Uncle Sam's asshole move to the south side of it?
      my ancestors lived in a sod shack when they got here and was 7 years before family was back together in Canada , worked every day to improve their life
      they weren't put up in a hotel in Saskatoon , and offered free Medicare and welfare
      give me a ****ing break , these aren't refugees , they're opportunists

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        my ancestors lived in a sod shack when they got here and was 7 years before family was back together in Canada , worked every day to improve their life
        they weren't put up in a hotel in Saskatoon , and offered free Medicare and welfare
        give me a ****ing break , these aren't refugees , they're opportunists
        Translated into modern times that's not so different to the people Trump wants a wall to keep out. The millions of Mexicans that move to the US cleaning toilets for the rich and working in packing plants and doing all the other jobs your born in America Americans don't want to do. Many work for under minimum wage and send that money home to support their families - they don't live in sod shacks but I'm sure they'll live in the worst of accommodation many times. You can be damn sure they don't get free Medicare or welfare in the US.

Comment

Translated into modern times that's not so different to the people Trump wants a wall to keep out. The millions of Mexicans that move to the US cleaning toilets for the rich and working in packing plants and doing all the other jobs your born in America Americans don't want to do. Many work for under minimum wage and send that money home to support their families - they don't live in sod shacks but I'm sure they'll live in the worst of accommodation many times. You can be damn sure they don't get free Medicare or welfare in the US.
          I was referring to the Syrians that Trudeau brought in as a photo op
          heard still some living in hotels in Saskatoon not long ago
          you can bet they're getting free Medicare .
          couldn't give a **** about trump or his wall . too many problems here
          Mexicans are great people , hard workers , shoulda brought 25000 of them instead , maybe I could get some help on the farm

Comment

What a bunch of self-righteous hypocrisy - your ancestors all moved here for a better life and opportunity but now you're here and comfortable you seek to deny the same to others. The comment about not being thankful to the Americans for their war performance is an insult to our Canadian veterans - the Americans only joined WW1 for the final year while the commonwealth forces fought for 4 years. In WW2 they only joined in '41 because the Japanese attacked them - there is no indication they would ever have got involved otherwise despite what was happening in Europe.
            Maybe we should build a wall on the Canada/US border and let all you folks that think the sun shines out of Uncle Sam's asshole move to the south side of it?
            Grassfarmer, you should work for social services for a stint, then you’ll figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Grassfarmer, you should work for social services for a stint, then you’ll figure it out.

He is just a transplant himself, bringing his ideals from his own s’hole country to smother us with.

Comment

My grandparents never visited their home country again after they got here. In fact, they barely ever made it out off the tiny homestead in the middle of nowhere. There was no welfare or CPP or OAS or medical care. There was nothing out on this land. And they carved something out of it that we all benefit from. To compare todays immigrants with them is the most insulting thing ever. They were pioneers not immigrants and they would be appalled at our pathetic weak country.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  ..couldn't give a **** about trump or his wall . too many problems here...
                  The topic was American politics and Trump's wall.

Comment

The topic was American politics and Trump's wall.
                    Topic question was actually more about will ANYTHING get passed in usa because dems have majority in upper house nothing will pass.

Kinda got sidetracked or worse sidewalled.....

Reading somewere no usda reports also some of the govt weather modelling isnt coming out plus a myriad of other things because of shutdown.

Comment

Instead of causing a shut down where innocent people don't work while politicians play their childish games how about it be illegal to shut down government and if an agreement isn't reached the politicians pay a fine both sides pay a huge fine in accordance with their income. For example trumps a billionaire so he and any other billionaire that can't negotiate an agreement pay 10 s of millions per each day an agreement isn't reached. Things would get settled a whole lot quicker and less stupid stunts would be pulled.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...