• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm... CN/CP grain ruling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... CN/CP grain ruling

https://www.canada.ca/en/transportation-agency/news/2018/12/cn-and-cp-exceed-their-maximum-grain-revenue-entitlements-for-crop-year-20172018.html

Originally posted by dalek View Post
    https://www.canada.ca/en/transportation-agency/news/2018/12/cn-and-cp-exceed-their-maximum-grain-revenue-entitlements-for-crop-year-20172018.html
    And a seed tax coming to a farm near you soon enough as well....Its like charging the GST on the new Carbon tax....

Taxes on taxes....downloaded to the primary producer....

Comment

Makes you wonder why the railways only wanna haul so much grain. Haul less for more money

Comment

The problem with the railways is simple...after the last consolidation was allowed by them saying efficiency gains would go producers ( which it never did) and freight rates would moderate.....all they did was keep raising rates and the CTA rubber stamped every one. ....without any performance guarantees....

Look ....our production has increased and the railways are not keeping pace...

500000 tonnes a week won't cut it for a 70MMT annual production....

Meanwhile every other major exporter in the world is outpacing our pathetic infrastructure builds...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          The problem with the railways is simple...after the last consolidation was allowed by them saying efficiency gains would go producers ( which it never did) and freight rates would moderate.....all they did was keep raising rates and the CTA rubber stamped every one. ....without any performance guarantees....

Look ....our production has increased and the railways are not keeping pace...

500000 tonnes a week won't cut it for a 70MMT annual production....

Meanwhile every other major exporter in the world is outpacing our pathetic infrastructure builds...
          We are relying on a rail system that is near 100 years old , been stripped to main lines and not improved upon in decades .

Comment

I hate the way it is worded.
            Rate cap etc. Revenue cap
            Very misleading to everyone.
            I think it was designed that way on purpose.

You would think they only got paid to haul so much.

When what should be said , is thru their variable rates(which they wanted) they charged more than they should have.
            Over the cap , over the cost plus formula. For rates

If Joe blow read the news , they would think the RRs
            Only got paid to haul so much. Then nothing for volumes
            Over that. So why should they haul more.

Just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
              I hate the way it is worded.
              Rate cap etc. Revenue cap
              Very misleading to everyone.
              I think it was designed that way on purpose.

You would think they only got paid to haul so much.

When what should be said , is thru their variable rates(which they wanted) they charged more than they should have.
              Over the cap , over the cost plus formula. For rates

If Joe blow read the news , they would think the RRs
              Only got paid to haul so much. Then nothing for volumes
              Over that. So why should they haul more.

Just stupid
              I’m sure being released today was no accident either

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                I’m sure being released today was no accident either
                I will be mentioning it at the next government seed tax info session....January 16 Saskatoon

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...