• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market facilitation payment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market facilitation payment

With canola linked to the price of soybeans.....and the buffoon from Ottawa making things worse....

Does anyone think that an equivalent MFP would be required in Canada?

I say between India , China and Saudi Arabia shutting us out of those market and directly linked to Trudeau's incompetence. ..it would be a fair request....

Trump created the problem in the states but asked the taxpayer to pony up.....

I may be totally off, but I thought the soybean tarrifs
    Should improve the canola price and pea prices

I would certainly help south American soybean prices.

And whether it is meal China is after , should help pea prices.
    If it is oil , should help canola prices.

Maybe I am out to lunch on this .
    Just seems it should work that way.

Or could it be prices would be much worse without
    The tarrifs.

And what happens if the tarrifs
    Come off and all the beans that
    Have been staying home in the
    US come on the Market
    Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 28, 2018, 06:55.

Comment

I wish we would get help but unfortunately we live in Canada we’re a shit for brains runs the show and farmers mean nothing to liberals.

Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        I wish we would get help but unfortunately we live in Canada we’re a shit for brains runs the show and farmers mean nothing to liberals.

Sad but true.
        So are you saying when Andrew gets in there will be a payment?
        Sask party is in governmenT are they pushing for a payment?
        Are they even talking agriculture?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          So are you saying when Andrew gets in there will be a payment?
          Sask party is in governmenT are they pushing for a payment?
          Are they even talking agriculture?
          Ain't gonna happen. I think it will have to get alot worse at the farmgate before the fiscally reasponsible(haha) Conservatives would start forking over "free" money.

Comment

New Year's resolutions for some should include quitting talking out of both sides of their mouths. You want a reset in farm costs, something to bring land prices back to affordable prices? then you're begging for a mass handout to farmers? - that'll just add heat to the fire, it'll just be bid into input prices including land.
            Besides I thought you were all "free market" supporters anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Ain't gonna happen. I think it will have to get alot worse at the farmgate before the fiscally reasponsible(haha) Conservatives would start forking over "free" money.
              They do it all the time to
              The oil industry. Almost bawling about poor oil industry and how it needs help.
              Last edited by the big wheel; Dec 28, 2018, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                They do it all the time to
                The oil industry. Almost bawling about pot oil industry and how it needs help.
                Farmland prices aren't really falling, input costs are increasing and Producers grumble about it as they write the cheques for them. Money must still be circulating in the Ag Industry. Have new machinery sales slowed or stalled? Have grain commodity prices truly crashed(yet)?

There may be some pain out there but it may not be enough or widespread enough to warrant an ad hoc injection (or loan).

Enter the risk management programs, Crap Insurance and AgInstability....and that windfall matching AgInvest program.

I think we are going to have to see some guys crashing and burning before any "market facilitation payments" are made by government.

Edit in....I must say, farmland prices seem to have become disconnected from reality anyway so using them as a barometer of the primary production farm economy is misleading, rental prices are probably a better indicator.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 28, 2018, 08:27.

Comment

Shitty thing for the US farmer is that after the first payment , soybean basis at elevators widened out that took much of the payment.

Comment

Re: ad hoc payments, just where are Producer's supposed to put it, everyone is in a different financial position and will use it accordingly.

Whether it's used to pay last year's expenses, gets absorbed by increased costs this year, used to buy machinery or land, or stuffed in a mattress....it will be slightly different for everyone. One size never fits all yet the payment method is supposed to be the same for everyone? ...everyone is not the same!

Comment

But with them being shut out of the chinese market the farmers were not selling the soybeans as much as previous years ....with the last couple of sales to China that basis will narrow quickly to get those sales filled....or farmers will sell because they have been made "whole" with the MFP payment....

Look at canadian lentils for the last two years....they are half price compared to 2015....and they are not moving very well...farmers took a shitkicking financially and this government thought nothing of it...

No federal government in Canada is going to support agriculture ...at least not like the oil or auto industries....

FFS ...CN is looking for government support of their Canapuck project....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...