• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economic recession expected by end of 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    bucket, the patch has a solution right in front of them. Instead of spending billions on new construction here, pool the funds and buy out a major pipeline company in the US that has tidewater access and a ND connction. Problem solved. Why this hasn't been done already I have no clue.

some crazy new construction ideas have been floated like going to Churchill or hanging another pipeline on racks below the Alaska line and running crude backwards. Can you imagine US crude coming in from Alaska to the lower 50 and Canadian crude running north under the same line back to an arctic port to sell to china.

The solution may even be political. Go to trump and say we are going to sell to the Chinese but since you are at war with them, we will not do that provided we get tidewater access out of the US and a higher price for the product in your market. US get energy dominance while kneecapping china.

I should be running this country.
    Politicians need a war in a bad bad way to distract the taxpayer from this setup. This is the end of relying on govt for anything. Strauss and Howe's 4th turning is beginning to look accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
      Politicians need a war in a bad bad way to distract the taxpayer from this setup. This is the end of relying on govt for anything. Strauss and Howe's 4th turning is beginning to look accurate.
      The funny part is Justin had nothing to do with this, the cycle is due and his ass is cooked. Wrong place, wrong time. Without a crash there's no reason for a decent politician to step into this mess. Wait for the flames to die down.

Comment

Kinda thinking, something I heard on Gormley today, Canadians, especially eastern Canadians don’t want to be gouged by big oil. So ——- If the pipelines are nationalized, wouldn’t the East have a stake in the gravy train and share the profit? Wouldn’t that be a simple solution and easy sell?

Comment

For the 5th time seed growers KEEP none of the royalties[they only collect and submit 100% of the royalties NOW... OR FROM ANY ADDED FUTURE ROYALTIES COLLECTED FROM GRAIN FARMERS ] ..

Bucket the trailing royalty only increases risk TO MY PEDIGREED SEED PRODUCTION;
          RISK that commercial grain growers won't buy new OR EVEN OLDER PEDIGREED genetics especially in cereals;

As administrative costs to grow ON OUR pedigreed seed PRODUCTION...
          the costs have over doubled...
          future pedigreed seed sales are more at risk of reducing total certified seed sales throughout western Canada... ;
          Originally posted by bucket View Post
          No worries for you TOM4$$$$$4Himself you have the seed tax coming into effect to backstop any downfalls...

Are your masters dropping seed prices if thats the case???????

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Kinda thinking, something I heard on Gormley today, Canadians, especially eastern Canadians don’t want to be gouged by big oil. So ——- If the pipelines are nationalized, wouldn’t the East have a stake in the gravy train and share the profit? Wouldn’t that be a simple solution and easy sell?

Sum, we all benefit from our resources including Quebecers and natives. Nationalizing assets just put the govt in there as well and we don't need them. If anyone wants to be an owner they can buy the companies stock.

Comment

And the times and tunes ...they are a changing......

I don't see much difference in seed breeders and seed growers...they are a cost to my farm....

Unlike buying a bull where I pick the genetics and pay accordingly with no trailing fees.....

There is no guarantee on a bull once he's in my pasture.....but some bull sellers will help out if there is a problem....

There is no guarantee on seed but you and your masters are looking for more.....
              Last edited by bucket; Dec 17, 2018, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                And the times and tunes ...they are a changing......

I don't see much difference in seed breeders and seed growers...they are a cost to my farm....

Unlike buying a bull where I pick the genetics and pay accordingly with no trailing fees.....

There is no guarantee on a bull once he's in my pasture.....but some bull sellers will help out if there is a problem....

There is no guarantee on seed but you and your masters are looking for more.....
                When western separation gets cooking, someone want to make sure upov gets left behind? You live by regulation, you die by it Tom.

Comment

Just a point or 2
                  Bucket it was Harper not the liberals ,that made sure farmers would never get their hands on the rail cars.

All part of the plan , to convince farmers not to even
                  Attempt to control , part of their own destiny.
                  ( can't have that here)

Mission accomplished in. grains handling,transportation,

Market transparency .
                  Better to keep them in the
                  Dark. For if they knew the port price . And elevator price
                  They would revolt

The basket case we are , we are not even fit enough to own our own seed.
                  Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 17, 2018, 11:14.

Comment

Nationalizing pipelines is like having a wheat board to control western canadian oil and profits.

Comment

The pipeline was dead. Nationalisation may be the only way to get it built.

I sure as hell hope we did not spend 4.5 billion to
                      Not build something.
                      Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 17, 2018, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                        Nationalizing pipelines is like having a wheat board to control western canadian oil and profits.

I am going to play devil’s advocate here and please don’t hunt me down and hang me. Let’sjust put our politics aside and be pragmatic. We had a gargantion run-up in oil prices, the East felt the sting and blamed it on us. We ignored their plees. Now they sit back as the West needs their help. If this was a true nation, both sides would work together but we have no friggin leadership that sets an example. And now nationalization —— or separation may be the alternatives. IMFO , as long as the pipelines get built, who cares if the whole nation benefits?

Comment

This is now the worst December stock market collapse since 1931.

Central bankers need to stop kidding-the-public. North American economies are already in-recession . . . .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...