• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys make of this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the explanation and backstory. I probably will get a hold of you and learn some more.

I must warn you, You risk facing the wrath of Hobbyfarmer by stating such positive things about organic.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      A mix of systems should be fine too when they work. Open mind.

A good start would be getting rid of fixed land costs of $100/ac/ year on owned and rented.
      Thank you BP! I believe this is where Regenerative Agriculture is heading.

I suppose it is unfortunate that our decisions are always made with finances as a driver as opposed to other (more important?) factors. But such as life in a capitalist society.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Thanks for the explanation and backstory. I probably will get a hold of you and learn some more.

I must warn you, You risk facing the wrath of Hobbyfarmer by stating such positive things about organic.
        Not a problem, happy to share.

Laughing! From a financial perspective I suppose what I am advocating doesn't make sense, possibly encouraging more production in a 'niche' market. However, I am legitimately concerned about the fall out of my fellow farmers when the axe drops.

I hope you guys can see the writing on the wall and begin to look for alternatives, not necessarily organic but a model that does not rely so heavily on *cides.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
          Not a problem, happy to share.

Laughing! From a financial perspective I suppose what I am advocating doesn't make sense, possibly encouraging more production in a 'niche' market. However, I am legitimately concerned about the fall out of my fellow farmers when the axe drops.

I hope you guys can see the writing on the wall and begin to look for alternatives, not necessarily organic but a model that does not rely so heavily on *cides.
          I can foresee waking up one day to discover that there is no market for products with any detectable levels of certain ****cides, or even all.

Unfortunately, the market doesn't offer any premium for any middle ground, unless you create it yourself. I intend to promote creating such a market. I think the writing is already on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I can foresee waking up one day to discover that there is no market for products with any detectable levels of certain ****cides, or even all.

Unfortunately, the market doesn't offer any premium for any middle ground, unless you create it yourself. I intend to promote creating such a market. I think the writing is already on the wall.
            If the market doesn't exist, make it! You are not alone, we are seeing big things happen under the banner of Regenerative Agriculture.

I believe a middle ground will be reached between producers and consumers, producers willing to adapt will be justly rewarded. Those who stick their head in the sand with contempt towards 'citidiots' for not knowing how 'safe' roundup is will be running surf shops in Cuba...

Comment

file:///C:/Users/customer/Desktop/Glyphosate%20Monograph%20Complete.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                file:///C:/Users/customer/Desktop/Glyphosate%20Monograph%20Complete.pdf
                Is that you Graeme?

Comment

A research review, could help the industry to understand what research is available to understand the impact of glyphosate on soil health, residue, health, feed & food: good place to invest WGRF almost 200 million dollar hoard. Knowledge is power. Glazed eyes apply.

Comment

What do you guys make of this?

http://non-gmoreport.com/articles/may-2015/animal-health-problems-linked-to-glyphosate-GM-feed.php

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...