• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously...what are farmers going to do about the seed royalty

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    What if you have no marginal land. What do you do with heavy clay. Guess cover crops work and even forages but open grazing not really an option.

I am going to commit blasphemy here. We should be looking at idling land back into chemfallow with cover crop or we are going to end up like the oil patch.
    I did that last couple years.... 8 bushel on canola difference to the good on chem fallow. At current prices im not sure it pencils. Yes risk is lower. Probably call it average rainfall on the field also had a shot of hail.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
      If these seed companies would at least bring something new to the table like drought tolerant wheat, fusarium resistance etc I could partially stomach royalties.....but just telling us every variety is out yielding the last variety by 110% when it is just the same old shit with a different name is getting sickening.
      The best value on durum this year was for guys that had the 2016 FUZZ crop in the bin and sold it at 6.40 a bushel ....know guys that were selling durum on that program to take the stress out of harvest. ...they ended up with more than signing a 2cwad with discounts...

Comment

Speaking of durum where are all the pasta plants we were going to see in western canada?

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
          Speaking of durum where are all the pasta plants we were going to see in western canada?
          Good question for the WCWGA that were there for that Belle Plaine photo op with the man that has been subsidized better than Bombardier....

Comment

and what stops them from putting a royalty on bull semen?

Comment

Farmers
              Make some noise!
              If everybody took a half an hour and called and emailed the groups we all belong to and indicated our stance on this then these groups would at least have some documented feed back on where farmers stand, would give them some direction.
              Call or email the executive directors and farmer directors. The farmer directors will appreciate the direction and may have a chance to influence this new tax.
              Let Tom Steve and the directors of Alberta wheat know where you stand!

Let sask wheat know where you stand!!

Canadian Canola Growers!

Grain Growers of Canada

Manitoba wheat and barley

Alberta federation of agriculture.

Keystone Ag producers

APAS

the government Bureaucrats are

Carla St. Croix 613-773-1221 Email carla.StCroix@Canada.ca

Or

Anthony Parker 613-773-7188 Email Anthony.Parker@Canada.ca

These are easy calls to make. I have. We should all put a little effort in here.

Comment

Or maybe you should have put the effort in a decade or more ago when the one organization that spotted the danger was shouting it from the rooftops? If these other groups need the issue brought to their attention now with direction from their members I don't think they are earning their keep.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  Or maybe you should have put the effort in a decade or more ago when the one organization that spotted the danger was shouting it from the rooftops? If these other groups need the issue brought to their attention now with direction from their members I don't think they are earning their keep.
                  very true...

I ask the question of my check off groups "what are you doing for me???"

If I question them they get angry and tell me to get involved....my quick reply is...so you are resigning due to incompetence...

Comment

Canola council gets the slow golf clap for this not being challenged

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...