• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys signing targets realize if there were zero paper targets sitting on the graincos desk...they might have to work for their grain to load a train...

it might be more fun for them to run short for a train during a blizzard and guys saying tough luck....pay me for the storage and the efforts.....yellow vest time in the prairies...minion vests....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      You guys signing targets realize if there were zero paper targets sitting on the graincos desk...they might have to work for their grain to load a train...

it might be more fun for them to run short for a train during a blizzard and guys saying tough luck....pay me for the storage and the efforts.....yellow vest time in the prairies...minion vests....

Yep, yellow vest and purple long johns for me. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Agree on targets..cancelling ours on Monday.. they offer premiums when trains coming with not enough grain to fill..
        Had targets in and price went higher on a blip..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Agree on targets..cancelling ours on Monday.. they offer premiums when trains coming with not enough grain to fill..
          Had targets in and price went higher on a blip..
          We tip our hands in so many ways. Reporting production to crop insurance, stats can etc.

Often when you give a sample to the terminal they ask how much do you have. I tell them 2 loads no matter what.

Targets are just like stock orders. The markets can see them sitting there and how much is in the trade and prices follow accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Market has ignored Stats Can for years already as it knows Stats can knows nothing. One factor is that that there still is a fair bit of canola out in the field yet and that is a wild card. There is also green canola out there as well which needs to be blended of as many crops in the NW of Alberta did not mature.
            It's not that market ignores SC, its just simply irrelevant. Watch enough USDA reports and those are irrelevant as well. Market psychology swings in anticipation. Simply too much 1 sided either way. Majority always wrong. Even if everyone told the truth it would be irrelevant as market would be too lopsided 1 way or other.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Twelve dollars for non specialty commodity canola seems to be the top price limit the last couple of years.
              My gut feeling is $12 canola won’t be here until late March. People are currently moving tough/damp/green canola to avoid spoiling issues....and also paying fertilizer/fresh paint addiction bills.

Comment

$7+ ("just over") CWRS 13.5px carrots are being dangled.

I think prices need to be much closer to $8.

Canola specials galore.... all sorts of scam and scheme designs to sign up tonnes. Spot and further out or a combination of both. Just bid higher!

Comment

Yr ago we were hauling wht.for $5.45..
                  Hard not to price some at $7.11..
                  Canola..glad we forward priced some in June.. look real smart at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Yr ago we were hauling wht.for $5.45..
                    Hard not to price some at $7.11..
                    Canola..glad we forward priced some in June.. look real smart at this moment.
                    Partners, Look at what Mallee is saying and look at what the Canadian port asking prices are..... I think there is room for improvement, and not only from "future's" rallies but basis that is too ****ing wide!!!

I've gotten used to the taste of crow and grown to actually like it!!!!!

Comment

Lo sentimos, no hay graficos

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                        Lo sentimos, no hay graficos
                        "Sorry, no graphics" (thank goodness for the internet--makes me look like a "roads" schooler...LOL

WTF did you mean by that buy the whey?

Comment

Didnt quite crack it thursday got $399.25 at local elevator for wheat 13% Hard1 highest grade we have in SA. If i waited a day would have got $401

It begs the question and im sure some of you guys may have thought the same thing were exactly are the buyers selling it?
                          Buyer was ADM or Archer Daniels Midland a usa based company.

So if there selling this on world market presume they are whos buying it when they can buy ruskie wheat for maybe 2/3rds the price.

Unless ADM had contracts to fill with unpriced aussie wheat and there taking a hit and cross subsidizing it??

Guess who gives a shit i nearly got $400 and farmas thinking well mallee i give a shgit i want a piece of that
                          Last edited by malleefarmer; Dec 14, 2018, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Didnt quite crack it thursday got $399.25 at local elevator for wheat 13% Hard1 highest grade we have in SA. If i waited a day would have got $401
                            ......sick!

And here we fight off parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              ......sick!

And here we fight off parasites.
                              actaully farma edited the post with you mentioned and bang you had already posted

Comment

Well if i want to piss you off even more were cleaning up last 70 or acres of barley got washed out thursday havent moved since but had a load and sold to local grain merchant not a big player but supplies dairy farms and other farmers who need grain.

Got $320 on farm for feed barley other guys dealing direct with dairy farmers extracting 330 but they have to chase the dairy farmer for the spondoollee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...