• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commodities VS Products

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowman;

I forgot:
    SARS;
    Terrorism

Comment

A snort or two at the convention would make you forget about them altogether, tom4CWB!

Parsley

Comment

Parsley;

OH to be young with plenty of spare brain cells... like you Parsley!

Comment

Well TOM I do understand that if you are producing food you do have a duty to make sure it is safe. We have let our governments decide what is safe and gone along with it...perhaps our trust was missplaced?
          I am not some sort of treehugger or eco freak but I think sometimes things are getting out of hand. On the question of GM foods, I don't have a problem with Roundup ready canola or corn. They cleaned up a lot of weeds and Roundup is a pretty safe chemical. The thistle problem was getting out of hand and GM canola was a lifesaver. But I draw the line at animals.
          I do believe we were put here to tend the garden and I do believe some day we'll all be judged on how well we did.
          I quit growing grain about 15 years ago but I do have some crop land that I rent to my cousin on a crop share deal. He refuse to grow anything that he has to sell to the CWB and that is just fine with me! Canola, barley and CPS wheat.
          I often wonder about the blessed and cursed thing. I do believe God has given us the abilities to cope with our problems and "blessings" or "curses" are mainly how we deal with them? I don't believe God ever said this world would be a rose garden? We are here not to just have a good time but as a test or a learning experience. And pain is the great teacher?
          Parsley: Won't make it there but if I ever run into you we'll hoist a few! Unfortunately mine might have to be gingerale as I'm now a teetotaller...not out of choice, but necessity!

Comment

Cowman;

"Commodities VS Products ... because we grow special food products to bless the people who will eat it!"

The wisest man on earth (Solomon) said;

"The fear of God is the begining of knowledge, but fools (the morally deficient)despise wisdom and discipline (NIV Proverbs 1:7)"

"Do not plot harm against your neighbour, who lives trustfully near you.(3:29)

"To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance,
            evil behavior and perverse speach."(8:13)

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more;
            another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty."(11:24)

"People curse the man who hoards grain,
            but blessing crowns him who is willing to sell."(11:26)

"A [consistantly] righteous man regards the life of his beast,
            but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel."(AMP 12:10)

Cowman:

"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
            the man who gains understanding,
            for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.
            She is more precious than rubies;
            nothing you desire can compare with her.
            Long life is in her right hand;
            in her left hand are riches and honour.
            Her ways are pleasant ways,
            and all her paths are peace"(NIV Proverbs 3:13-17)

Bless you and have a great day!

Comment

Tom4CWB, you're getting a little too sermony for Commodity-Marketing. Get thee to the Spiritual Vignettes forum.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley;

I was trying to answer Cowman's questions... integrety is critial to creating a product of high quality... I am sure this fits in perfectly.

By the way, a marketing seminar I attended claims another layer of value can be created by linking a specific product to the history, land, and people that produce the product.

Another value level can be added again by having a specific history story told about the product itself. This adds entertainment to the food experience... and we were told consumers are willing to pay a premium for this history.

One must make sure it is a positive valuble story that is being told... of course!

All these issues are directly relevant to special values that are premium to commodities that no one knows anything about!

Integration of spirit and life style is but one reason Organic growers can get the high value prices they do... for the specialty products they grow... is this not true Parsley?

Comment

TOM: I think you are too much of a deep thinker for me! But that's okay I'll work on it!
                  I think if a man can live his life and at the end of it be able to say I lived by the golden rule then he is a success! Now no one is perfect but if you can say I screwed nobody and I did my best, what more could anyone ask?
                  While saying that is the way to live, I also acknowledge that we can all be forgiven and turn an evil life around!
                  And I do believe we are spiritual creatures as well as in the flesh. The two sides of man will always clash that is the nature of being human. We all struggle with that.

Comment

Cowman;

Thanks.

I am glad each morning I can wake up, ask for the GRACE and LOVE to live another day, for I know I am very far from being perfect.

And at the same time I am required to forgive my neighbour... and give the same grace and Love in return to this person... a positive outlook with forgiveness can stop wars and create wealth... instead ofhate and distruction...

It is great that we can respect each other... our neighbour's right to exist and prosper... because wealth is created by giving... not as most would think... by taking and coveting our neighbour's prosperity!

Interesting that Solomon asked God for pure wisdom... to rule his Kingdom with wisdom...

Wealth, long life, and prosperity were the secondary result of God's wisdom.... for both himself and his people!

And since each of us on Agri-ville is looking for prosperity, wisdom, and Knowledge... it is great to know there is an instruction book made by our manufacturer!

Have a great day!

Comment

Well TOM, you are right! Keep reading the manuscript and it will never fail you! Very important to read Ecclisiastics as it tells you how to live in this world. Written by Soloman, by the way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...