• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.3 Million ! Stop the effing madness !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3.3 Million ! Stop the effing madness !

Calgary Board of Education paid out $3.3 Million in Carbon Taxes for the 17-18 school year!
    This is absolute craziness.

"Breton, in response to questions from Davis about the CBE’s audited financial statements from 2017-18, estimated the CBE pays about $300,000 in a given school year for the carbon tax on transportation fuel, including school buses, about $1.4 million a year for natural gas to heat CBE buildings and a rough estimate of about $1.5 million for electricity, totalling up to about $3.3 million a year."

Full story here;

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/carbon-tax-takes-huge-bite-out-of-cbe-budget-taking-five-and-a-half-buses-off-the-road https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/carbon-tax-takes-huge-bite-out-of-cbe-budget-taking-five-and-a-half-buses-off-the-road

I'm certain the troll will come here shortly to tell us how this is an effective way to force the schools to reduce their production of plant food. Perhaps they should quit heating the schools, the students are so spoiled nowadays with heat and running water, a designated student can always come in early and start a book fire to warm the school(until Trudeau realizes that books release CO2 as well)or get rid of the power hungry computer labs, replace them with abacus, they are so much more environmentally friendly in 2018. Replacing school buses with horses was very effective at reducing carbon back in my dad's days. I trust the neighbors will be OK with the other pollution the horses may release?

So, the 3.3 million has to come out of somewhere, it sure won't be coming out of the salaries of unionized teachers, who all seem to support the same insanity.

Comment

A few years ago Saskatchewan mandated all new schools be built to a higher energy efficiency standard to save energy and money. Specifically Leeds Silver. This is a good investment that pays for itself in lower costs of building operation.

If the issue is money then then the province can rebate carbon taxes back to school boards.

We are talking about only 3.3 million out of a $1.4 billion dollar budget for the Calgary Board of Education.

Surely this is not the biggest budgetary issue they face spread over 249 schools and 123,513 students.

"The $1.4 billion budget will support the operation of 249 schools and an estimated 123,513 students."

I would say that the carbon tax is doing its job. Boards are going to figure out how to reduce energy usage.

But according to a troll from Alberta there is no evidence for climate change! Still waiting! LOL

Comment

Oh wow 3.3 million$ what a huge figure! Until you put it in context of their overall budget.
        Put in farmer terms your operating budget is $1.4 million for the year - and that $3300 carbon tax is going to ruin you....yeah, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          Oh wow 3.3 million$ what a huge figure! Until you put it in context of their overall budget.
          Put in farmer terms your operating budget is $1.4 million for the year - and that $3300 carbon tax is going to ruin you....yeah, I don't think so.
          the problem is that it's not gonna help you or the env.
          it's just another god damn tax that we can't afford
          Last edited by Guest; Dec 1, 2018, 08:32.

Comment

What happened to the concept of flat taxes?
            Vs govt picking winners and losers through govt policy.

Comment

Wow is all I can think...

“If the issue is money then then the province can rebate carbon taxes back to school boards.”

Yes the issue is money - so the province rebates it back but that money has to come from somewhere; unless it grows on carbon sequestrating trees there is a financial cost to the taxpayers. Maybe you can argue it is only the GST and the administration costs. I would argue you are wrong there as well... there is a cost financially period.

“We are talking about only 3.3 million out of a $1.4 billion dollar budget for the Calgary Board of Education.”

Yep - $3.3 million is nothing to worry about. Budgets always balance themselves... come on $3.3 million is a noteworthy amount.

I was going to continue but I have better things to do than discuss this carbon tax/wealth redistribution scheme.

Comment

and that's just one school board out of all the businesses , school boards , etc. in all of Canada .........
                people need to wake to f$&k up ?

Comment

Chuck ...
                  Maybe they can stop using the buses and all the kids ride skateboards to school that would save a lot . Then turn down the temp at the schools to 4-5c like we do in shop to save on heating bills . They can wear jackets and long underwear .

Comment

It’s a beautiful world if only there weren’t these crazies pulling the strings.

Comment

Wow, Chuck and Grass take your blinders off. There is nothing wrong with looking at reality once in a while even if you have strong beliefs on an issue.

So now they are down money for their budget so will likely eventually get more tax dollars which means the taxpayer who has already paid carbon tax, now has to pay more other tax because of the carbon tax. Double, triple taxation? How much is enough.

How many more community fundraisers are we gonna have to do to keep the lights on in schools? Im tired of fundraising already and so is everyone else. School boards are maxed out, maybe percentage wise its not much but it may be the straw that breaks the camals back. You think they are gonna run more efficient, look at the article they cut by removing 400 kids from buses and have pushed some to public transit. Yep I really want my 5yr old kindergartener riding a public bus alone in a frickin city of a million plus people.

Comment

You really have to be a real special kind of person to actually believe that Trudeau's Carbon tax will do anything but cost us all money.

Wake the F#$K Up Peoplekind.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          Yep farmer perspective, you gonna voluntarily pay an extra $3.30 on each $1400 calf you sell? I think you should it will help us all, just forward it to the government in a brown paper bag and they will know just how to make the world better.

Comment

Nutley will use all that carbon tax to get her new oil train set .
                            Farmers natural gas bills and propane bills for drying grain in Alberta is as high as 56% carbon tax . Maybe they should have left the crop in the field eh ?
                            The attitude by promoters of the “little” carbon tax is very strange.
                            Using this wealth transfer scheme on schools is a good thing ? Really ? It’s just going to get reflected in higher education tax’s to cover the carbon tax’s. Which in turn will come off the backs of the families who send their kids to those schools .
                            This “little” tax when applied to all things in life and multiplied many times is something they don’t either comprehend or want to admit they know .
                            This attitude of “its just a puny tax” is either ignorant or self serving , how is one really going to apply for a tax rebate on every single carbon tax dollar spent ??

Comment

So govt is taxing another govt entity..... it's like they believe they create wealth rather then redistribute/ consume it. How much longer can we afford to have govt pay for everything? This'll be epic when the first welfare check bounces because govt is insolvent. It's turning into a race between levels of govt to spend available tax dollars before the next level gets their hands on it, and if they get their hands on it, we'll just tax them

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...