• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer prices!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer prices!!

Got a price on 28-0-0, pay now, delivered spring 2019. $390/tonne!!

Filled our storage for around $250 this summer.

Anyone else hearing prices like this? Or is that way out of line?

Last time I checked 46-0-0 was $580 pay year end pick up spring.

Comment

How does $650N and $6 durum make you feel, ok I will call it $6.10? Was just reading something I will post.

Tunisia reportedly tendered late last week for durum but passed...citing
      high prices of all things.

North Africa buys almost 2/3 of all durum produced in a given year and they are calling prices “too high”.

Fert prices are so out of line it’s actually laughable, then again what isn’t?

Comment

Sounds like 08 all over again, but on a smaller scale.

(Sounding like a broken record much???)

Comment

I know it sounds silly but have any of you thought about cutting inputs, or are you afraid of the other guy having a better crop ?
          But relay everyone says they are loosing money on what they grow, so why support the fret cos ,why not grow less sell for more.
          I relay don't grow much grain but how does it pencil out if you cut inputs by say 1/2,your net may be not much worse. Just asking. I would like to see someone put figures on your costs of growing a crop.

Comment

Seems farmers are "production" oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Yes continually shooting themselves in the foot and blaming it on someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                I know it sounds silly but have any of you thought about cutting inputs, or are you afraid of the other guy having a better crop ?
                But relay everyone says they are loosing money on what they grow, so why support the fret cos ,why not grow less sell for more.
                I relay don't grow much grain but how does it pencil out if you cut inputs by say 1/2,your net may be not much worse. Just asking. I would like to see someone put figures on your costs of growing a crop.
                Only fertilizer we use is on the corn we grow for cow feed. The difference between paying $500 or $600 per T for 46.0.0 isn't significant relative to our other costs in growing the crop. Sure i'd like it to be cheaper but cost doesn't factor into how much we choose to apply. Maybe it's different for the straight commodity grain growers?

Comment

Yes we all are.
                  It's like playing a game..we always try to get a higher score.
                  So put on more inputs to "Beat" last yrs yields..

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                    I seeded triticale on pea stubble with no fertilizer and my yield was anywhere from 28-35 bu/acre. Seeded at 2/bu / acre and was the cleanest crop I had. I also put some fall rye into pea stubble in September , so we will see how it compares to the summerfallow (GASP!) rye beside it.

I live 20 miles nw of Maple Creek Sask.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                      I seeded triticale on pea stubble with no fertilizer and my yield was anywhere from 28-35 bu/acre. Seeded at 2/bu / acre and was the cleanest crop I had. I also put some fall rye into pea stubble in September , so we will see how it compares to the summerfallow (GASP!) rye beside it.

I live 20 miles nw of Maple Creek Sask.
                      G500....tilled summerfallow or chemfallow? There is a difference in my opinion.

Comment

G500....tilled summerfallow or chemfallow? There is a difference in my opinion.
                        Tilled summerfallow actually sat idle around here this year... chemfallow basically grew a crop of kochia.

Comment

$50-$75/mT difference in prices between different retailers here.

Basically:
                          46-0-0:$570-630
                          11-52:$760-835
                          ESN:$670-745
                          21-0-0-24:$520-525

I'll be increasing nutrient lay down over last year, but this will be the first year I wont be hitting the soil sample targets. Will have to do som math to see what lay down will get me to a reasonable crop without breaking the bank. At current prices, $85-90/ac on fertilizer in a production area that can bless you with 15bu/ac wheat at $5/bu whether you like it or not seems like one hell of a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                            Fert prices are so out of line it’s actually laughable, then again what isn’t?
                            Suppliers seem to be counting on the golden goose to keep laying eggs... New fertilizer blending facilities, massive machinery dealership buildings, and chemical sheds going up everywhere.

But then, so are shiny bins, shiny shops, land sales at record highs, and current asking prices 4-5x what they were 10 years ago. Rental agreements for double what they were 3-4 years ago, and even Santa claus rental agreements that establish a floor, and then give away 1/3 above $250-300/ac gross revenue.

Seems things are humming along splendidly.

Comment

I am seeding 800ac to alfalfa for probably 5-6 years, and see how things look from there. Will sell hay for a while from that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...