• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decile 1 or 2 rain decile 5 yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decile 1 or 2 rain decile 5 yields

Must get some pics for you guys.

Currently were running at 1.7 to 2t ha of feed barley protien to high for malt. 66.7 test weight which is wow.
    retention good screenings good.

Multiply it by prices and it aint so bad.

With all due respect and our farming systems are similar but also way different.

Id say 70% around here no till 20% min till or strategic cultivation occasionally other 10% plough and or work the soil. So crucial in dry years to conserve moisture, australia wide really shown up.

Many of the best crops are actually on chem fallow land browned out in say july 2017 and kept weed free for seeding in april may 18.

Guess i try to extract livestock income in non crop years right or wrong who knows everyone farms different. One of the leading farmer around here this contradicts what i said abit, but rips his country in march and puts down urea in a narrow slot every 12 inches and slot is about a inch wide a bit of soil is thrown but his reason is to stimulate weeds and belt then with glypho rather than use expensive in crop herbicieds works for him. We have a weed called wimmerra ryegrass or annual ryegrass bit a issue for many i clean it up with sheep to a fair degree.

Anyway enough ramble from me cheers and beers comrades

Click image for larger version

Name:	py.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	778238Click image for larger version

Name:	Captureypbs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	778239
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 30, 2018, 06:07.

And you wanted to move to Canuckistan? Why? I have a fair bit of crop in the field now that it is winter. Was on the dry side all summer but at harvest we got over 20 inches of snow. In the olden days, poor crops were always blamed on drought when there was other factors at play. Excess moisture costing me more than dry weather ever has.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...