• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solid crude hockey pucks no need for pipelines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid crude hockey pucks no need for pipelines

According to a guy working in patch there is a developing solid crude puck like project where oil shipped by rail would cost half of what it does now. And because the solid bits of oil encased in plastic
    Floats it is easy to recover if train derails?

What the hell are we waiting for?

I guess is just better to politically cry like a baby about how bad the other guy is as long as you get your votes who cares right?

Toronto Star - September 6, 2017.
    Obviously developed prior to that, and the Canadian government thought it was wise to buy a sixty year old pipeline for us.
    Good god!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      According to a guy working in patch there is a developing solid crude puck like project where oil shipped by rail would cost half of what it does now. And because the solid bits of oil encased in plastic
      Floats it is easy to recover if train derails?

What the hell are we waiting for?

I guess is just better to politically cry like a baby about how bad the other guy is as long as you get your votes who cares right?
      The project got canceled cuz Scott Moe wanted 5 cents per plastic puck for the environmental tax

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        The project got canceled cuz Scott Moe wanted 5 cents per plastic puck for the environmental tax
        Seriously?
        I thought what I read was current that cn rail was doing pilot run on this?

If true what a moron. Obviously worried more about being the whiner than finding a solution.
        Honestly you can't be serious?
        Is this an input joke?hahaha

Comment

What could possibly more efficient than a pipe?

"Oil pods" thanks to the Enviro Wackos. Doesnt do much for already congested rail capacity.

Put it in a safe pipe...end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

"Oil pods" thanks to the Enviro Wackos. Doesnt do much for already congested rail capacity.

If you put all the money for pipeline into rail cars etc you'd have a hell of a lot of more rail capacity. This stuff you spill it it floats on water easy to retrieve spill on ground vac it up. Very easy to store also. Rhe weight of it makes it possible I believe to haul way more by rail car as a tank does now. What argument would any environmentalist have?

Comment

Pretty simple, more loads of “oil pucks” and oil tankers on the rail means less locomotives dedicated to moving grain.

Get all the pipelines built and also improve railways twin tracks going to west coast or else Bucket will have to build a new bin row.

Comment

If you put all the money for pipeline into rail cars etc you'd have a hell of a lot of more rail capacity. This stuff you spill it it floats on water easy to retrieve spill on ground vac it up. Very easy to store also. Rhe weight of it makes it possible I believe to haul way more by rail car as a tank does now. What argument would any environmentalist have?
                The Wackos argue against pipelines....or is it just "all oil".

No matter...I can't imagine anything more efficient than a pipe.

Maybe the Enviro Wackos would like a water well with a hand pump in their back yard and they will understand how a pipe works instead of "pailing" all the water they use in and out of their house.

Comment

yea , ludicrous , trains can't haul what they have now
                  dumbest thing I have ever heard of
                  pipelines work 24/7/365 with very few problems or upkeep

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    yea , ludicrous , trains can't haul what they have now
                    dumbest thing I have ever heard of
                    pipelines work 24/7/365 with very few problems or upkeep
                    Where do you see a pipeline working out to the east or west? Hahahab

Instead of a stadium and bullshit gth this investment would have netted billions. How much do 9 or 10 ball games give us?

What's not factored is the efficiency rail can go anywhere a pipeline goes one place all the time.

Comment

There are 2 things ok lots more but 2 things most stupid
                      1 is that the environmentalists have this much power

2. Is that the rest don't accept that the environmentalists have power and the people fighting the battle to develop these things are stupid. Here is a sound alternative and oh boy it's stupid. Well ok stay here with a finger up your ass talking about how good an imaginary pipeline is. Hahahahaha

Truduea will have rhe transmountain started before next election anyway mark those words down.

Comment

Where do you see a pipeline working out to the east or west? Hahahab

Instead of a stadium and bullshit gth this investment would have netted billions. How much do 9 or 10 ball games give us?

What's not factored is the efficiency rail can go anywhere a pipeline goes one place all the time.
                        Geez I didn't know trains had the option of using roads or flying through the air instead of only being restricted to the rails.

I want the "Pro Oil moved by Rail" group to have to live beside the rail. No ****ing way you can move the volume moved through pipes on rail.

Flywheel..., I am pretty sure you're smarter than that!

Comment

Yes I doubt they can move as much to one single point but think of the efficiency of not piping way south to process then rail and truck back north.
                          Rail it to processing plants where ever you want to where rail can go which is just about anywhere.

Build another line west and east but you don't even have to wait there is rail there right now start tomorrow!!!

Get out a map of where there are pipelines and then get one out where there is train track. Hahahaha
                          That stadium money has cost us all billions.

Or if you want do both start rhe rail system and work on pipeline.

And I can't understand why people right away say oh the grain movement would suffer well hahaha you can have many many more trains on a track than we have now more sidings is all.

Let oil buy and use their own trains and why don't we get the ones we already bought?
                          Last edited by the big wheel; Nov 25, 2018, 20:22.

Comment

Pipelines cost what a mile to build? 8 million? Or use something we already have right now today? Hahaha
                            Yes I know I am a dummy.

Comment

Pipelines cost what a mile to build? 8 million? Or use something we already have right now today? Hahaha
                              Yes I know I am a dummy.
                              Gee, let me see, would you rather fill your sprayer with a hose or by 5 gallon pail?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...