• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday chemical sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday chemical sale

Just got this by text.
    That sounds too cheap to be realistic.
    Bait and switch?

Last day: AgraCity's Black Fray sale event.

Disruptor 540 glyphosate (same active as Round-Up®) - $5.84/L
    Clobber (same active as Lontrel® 360) - $7.73/acre
    Spade (same active as Headline®) - $7.12/acre

For more discounts call your local rep or main office 1(844)269-3276.

Text STOP to unsubscribe.

I got the same message.
    No idea where they got my cell number but I texted back stop.

Comment

Got me too

Comment

So, you Just happened to be subscribed to receive texts from a chemical company? And you just happen to know prices off the top of your head? Or just doing this as a public service out of the goodness of your Heart.
        Sorry, couldn't resist

Thanks for posting I will give them a call.

Comment

For the organic sector they should also be advertising super LED packages for night spraying. (Just jokes Hobby) 😂

People on this website were inquiring into generic Lontrel this summer.
          Could be an option for them?

Comment

Was quoted $8.38 for Spade (Headline) 10 days ago.

Comment

Suppose to book and pay for a fungicide I may never use if it’s dry 7 months down the road.
              What a gimmick, just keep putting more pressure on farms.

Comment

Believe it or not, have good friends that are conventional farmers. There is definite contrast between production methods but we dont discuss these things to any big extent. Half an crop, twice the price. He gets double + the yeild and half the price. End result is very similar.
                I just happen to note on AV my industry observations from the outside looking in.
                I posted the pricing thinking it would be a subject of interest, set you guys up so I could tell you to buy chemical really cheap and apply a double rate.
                Like beer, if one is good, two is better.

Comment

Getting pressure from the local coop to book innoculant... So start phoning around...

my regular, Nutrien ag services as they like to be called today, was 25-35% overpriced...
                  -guy i've dealt with and have a tremendous amount of respect for that's had the employer on his paycheques change 6 times while basically working for the same company, says to leave it with him since its below even his retail outlets cost...
                  -phones back 1-1.5 hours later, says he has permission from head office to match.

I guess if i wish i can force them into black friday sales, but good christ, they have the ability to move by 30%? I'm no BTO, so i wouldnt imagine i have much bargaining power, but damn, the fact that they can cut the price by 30% and still be making money is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                    Believe it or not, have good friends that are conventional farmers. There is definite contrast between production methods but we dont discuss these things to any big extent. Half an crop, twice the price. He gets double + the yeild and half the price. End result is very similar.
                    I just happen to note on AV my industry observations from the outside looking in.
                    I posted the pricing thinking it would be a subject of interest, set you guys up so I could tell you to buy chemical really cheap and apply a double rate.
                    Like beer, if one is good, two is better.
                    The conventional side pretty much always says they're only going for one, and stay till two!

Comment

You will have to buy a membership for that price and then when you go to pick it up it might not be there.
                      I think some people last year made deals for fert with them guys and at seeding time it never showed up.

I would still like to know where they got my number because its not widely know so I think someone I deal with must be letting numbers out.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        You will have to buy a membership for that price and then when you go to pick it up it might not be there.
                        I think some people last year made deals for fert with them guys and at seeding time it never showed up.

I would still like to know where they got my number because its not widely know so I think someone I deal with must be letting numbers out.
                        So far the only common denominator I can identify is AV.
                        Interesting.
                        Did anyone else here on AV get the same text?
                        Did everybody get it?
                        Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Nov 23, 2018, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

probably go your number from an employee that worked at another retailer you do business with.

Comment

I got same text.
                            So this is the old FNA?? Or same idea??
                            CPS (or whatever), can easily loss lead on generic chem if they want to. They make it back on fert.
                            Not hard for any good independent to match on generic stuff.
                            Thanks for info.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                              So far the only common denominator I can identify is AV.
                              Interesting.
                              Did anyone else here on AV get the same text?
                              Did everybody get it?
                              nope not me, and fna had my number?
                              Last edited by Guest; Nov 23, 2018, 19:21.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...