• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0% for 5 years sounds smart when the borrower/buyer can earn more interest on the capital in his/her/its savings account or better. Warrantee in an inflationary environment keeps going up in value as well. Mazda for example has an unlimited 7 year warrantee. Some long distance commuters have 500000kms on their fully warranteed Mazda. Still Stupid?

On the flip side you can own a 400000km worn out rusty jalopy that is constantly breaking down. Parts are pricey, tools, and labour even more so. Downtime unproductive if not downright dangerous. Resale value virtually non existant once it busts.

I drive a 2007 4wd work truck most days getting 12mpg. I often think how silly I am because I could make payments on a 2019 Direct Injection Active Management dohickey Truck that Averages 23mpg with the fuel savings alone.

Pick your poison!
    Last edited by biglentil; Nov 28, 2018, 06:16.

Comment

The interest is built into the price of the vehicle...sadly the guy who pays cash probably doesn't get much of a break or value for doing it. And while you're making payments on that 0% loan inflation is eroding the value of the excess cash in the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        The interest is built into the price of the vehicle...sadly the guy who pays cash probably doesn't get much of a break or value for doing it. And while you're making payments on that 0% loan inflation is eroding the value of the excess cash in the bank.
        What if the dollars are then utilized to pay off high interest debt or start a successful business? If everyone bought used we would look like Cuba and GM plants would shut their doors.

Comment

Cash is king . . . now outperforming stocks, bond and commodities. This isn't good news for bankers.

Just have to replace your mattress every so often . . . .

Comment

Gold is outperforming the Canadian dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              What if the dollars are then utilized to pay off high interest debt or start a successful business? If everyone bought used we would look like Cuba and GM plants would shut their doors.
              My point was there is unlikely something for nothing.

I even bought extended warranty on the new vehicle I bought in 2010....never again! Vehicles have become very dependable. Although my new vehicle warranty ďoesn't sound as comprehensive as Mazda's is. Vehicles manufacturers wouldn't offer the warranty they do if they weren't confident about their vehicle's dependability.

Everyone manages their affairs according to their current circumstances, who am I to say someone else is doing it wrong. To each their own.

There was alot of cheap and easy credit out there to be had.

Comment

Fed this morning warning of a 'particularly high risk of a market plunge' aka: crash.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/28/fed-warns-that-particularly-large-plunge-in-asset-prices-is-possible-if-risks-materialize.html

Comment

0% for 5 years sounds smart when the borrower/buyer can earn more interest on the capital in his/her/its savings account or better. Warrantee in an inflationary environment keeps going up in value as well. Mazda for example has an unlimited 7 year warrantee. Some long distance commuters have 500000kms on their fully warranteed Mazda. Still Stupid?

On the flip side you can own a 400000km worn out rusty jalopy that is constantly breaking down. Parts are pricey, tools, and labour even more so. Downtime unproductive if not downright dangerous. Resale value virtually non existant once it busts.

I drive a 2007 4wd work truck most days getting 12mpg. I often think how silly I am because I could make payments on a 2019 Direct Injection Active Management dohickey Truck that Averages 23mpg with the fuel savings alone.

Pick your poison!
                  Yep you can either pay at the parts counter or the sales office.

Pick your poison!

Comment

Dollar fell off a cliff.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Nov 28, 2018, 11:41.

Comment

Dollar fell off a cliff.
                      Fed chair Powell warning of a market asset collapse and back-peddling on a December rate hike.

Hammered the USD, supported loonie and gold values today.

Dow blasting more than 500 points higher as interest rate threat being lifted stateside.

But credit crisis very alive 'n well, big stock market swings expected . . . VIX volatility ahead (IMO).

Comment

Pick your poison!

What is a mazda?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...