• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll pay a carbon tax if ......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll pay a carbon tax if ......

Govt treats this bullshit excuse as an actual legit threat that we are all gonna die from starvation and starts buying grain.... and storing the shit like China does. Take the carbon tax and buy our grain for reserves.... since the science is settled they better buy a decades worth of supply just to be safe. I'm fairly full of sarcasm but there's been no mention that govt is gonna do sweet tweet about making sure the population is fed if they believe it's gonna be this bad. Other posts about govt intervention creating riches got me thinking and i guarantee some dumbass politician would eat this idea up if asked what are you gonna do to make sure we can all eat? Sometimes you just need to spin it in your favor rather then arguing. We should have a floor price and a shit load of other goodies to go along with it, because hungry people riot......

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    Govt treats this bullshit excuse as an actual legit threat that we are all gonna die from starvation and starts buying grain.... and storing the shit like China does. Take the carbon tax and buy our grain for reserves.... since the science is settled they better buy a decades worth of supply just to be safe. I'm fairly full of sarcasm but there's been no mention that govt is gonna do sweet tweet about making sure the population is fed if they believe it's gonna be this bad. Other posts about govt intervention creating riches got me thinking and i guarantee some dumbass politician would eat this idea up if asked what are you gonna do to make sure we can all eat? Sometimes you just need to spin it in your favor rather then arguing. We should have a floor price and a shit load of other goodies to go along with it, because hungry people riot......
    They are already holding/storing inventory. In the farmers’ bins.
    Hungry people? We throw away 30% of the food/nutrition presented to the public.
    Canadian Ag is completely dependent on an export market, meaning we consistently produce more grains/meat/veg etc than the entire population can consume every year that I have been farming.
    We have never, ever, ever, ever, ever been so comfortable in the entire history of the world.
    Its pretty obvious to the upper echelon that we need a boogeyman. Why not CO2 ? Its a gas, cant see it, cant smell it, non volatile cant weaponize it and cant really properly measure it. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      They are already holding/storing inventory. In the farmers’ bins.
      Hungry people? We throw away 30% of the food/nutrition presented to the public.
      Canadian Ag is completely dependent on an export market, meaning we consistently produce more grains/meat/veg etc than the entire population can consume every year that I have been farming.
      We have never, ever, ever, ever, ever been so comfortable in the entire history of the world.
      Its pretty obvious to the upper echelon that we need a boogeyman. Why not CO2 ? Its a gas, cant see it, cant smell it, non volatile cant weaponize it and cant really properly measure it. Brilliant.
      Sounds like they are starving them out in Yemen ...mostly kids...while our bins are full of food for the nations starving....

Trudeau could write western canadian farmers cheques for grain and he could send it anywhere to look like a hero....would do wonders for the farm economy...

I am not sure writing a cheque to helpless nations and then they come to buy food from us and some military stuff is any different....

Peoples attitudes toward food and being charitable to other nations has to change...
      Last edited by bucket; Nov 23, 2018, 06:45.

Comment

If you can't beat them, join them. Why not. The fact that the alarmists don't see anything wrong with having only a few weeks of reserves of most food, at a time when prices are at historic lows, while making dire predictions about food production in the indeterminate future, shows how seriously they take it.

So many other examples of how no one actually takes this seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Sounds like they are starving them out in Yemen ...mostly kids...while our bins are full of food for the nations starving....

Trudeau could write western canadian farmers cheques for grain and he could send it anywhere to look like a hero....would do wonders for the farm economy...

I am not sure writing a cheque to helpless nations and then they come to buy food from us and some military stuff is any different....

Peoples attitudes toward food and being charitable to other nations has to change...
          I dont know how to find an old post but if you do look back at what I said about this a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            If you can't beat them, join them. Why not. The fact that the alarmists don't see anything wrong with having only a few weeks of reserves of most food, at a time when prices are at historic lows, while making dire predictions about food production in the indeterminate future, shows how seriously they take it.

So many other examples of how no one actually takes this seriously.
            Exactly

Comment

Good ideas.

Comment

Agree! Till alarmists/all governments start acting like the END IS NIGH...it is obviously total F*CKING BULLSHIT/LIES/wealth redistribution by the left, with bought and paid for unemployed climate scientists!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  Agree! Till alarmists/all governments start acting like the END IS NIGH...it is obviously total F*CKING BULLSHIT/LIES/wealth redistribution by the left, with bought and paid for unemployed climate scientists!
                  Agreed, I suggest having a little inventory in case there is an interruption where grain prices might go up a little, unlikely but you never know.
                  Two years of lentil inventory might just turn into a huge fortune. Hard to say.

Comment

I do wonder when or if the alarmists will ever acknowledge the steady increases in crop yields in spite of 30+ years of catastrophic global warming. They have been patiently waiting for their I told you so moment for a long time.

Comment

Western Governments quit dumping grain in countries with starving populations a long time ago. It's not the answer - it just collapses the economy for that countries peasant farmers and takes away their incentive to grow their own. You may want to have the Government buy your grain but it's not the solution those countries need. Emergency aid, primarily medicine is needed first then locally sourced food supplies. Biggest problem needing solved is to stop the fighting and restore order so life can improve for the starving/injured/displaced. Unfortunately western countries (primarily the US) continue to arm the Saudis to wage war in Yemen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...