• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina International Airport. HAHAHAHAH

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
    Buy some cows that'll cure all your travel problems.... part time farmers sheesh.

He has 250 cows but leases them out! 😉

Comment

Picked up pellets before I left

Comment

I agree that Toronto can be a madhouse, but we have always found it to be Number 1 for getting through - on every score. Just allow lots of time. (Hard to do on connecting flights, I realize)

Our daughter has been through there a lot in the past few years and always gotten good care and service.

Oh yes - not a white male - I see the connection! LOL!

Interestingly, she got pulled off of a flight one time at an African airport. A couple of badges walked on looking grim and pointed at her and about 4 non-white guys. Talk about terrified?

They go off the jet and minutes later she's told to get back on, but not the tans. Kind of like she was the "quota" cover.

Not sure if this would work for you, but there's a super nice little airport in London, Ontario, that connects to several western-CDN airports. It is very small and the most user-friendly airport I've seen. (Not that I've seen many)

We much prefer going thru there if the flights scheds allow.

Comment

My point to this whole thread is that the Regina Airport authority thought they could overcharge American companies to land in Canada. They could build a big beautiful airport and pay great wages to staff and upper management.

But the Americans took there money and planes and went home.

Similar this winter one Company has pulled Regina as its direct flights to winter holidays.

The airport has a big problem and once the flights are gone they aren't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            My point to this whole thread is that the Regina Airport authority thought they could overcharge American companies to land in Canada. They could build a big beautiful airport and pay great wages to staff and upper management.

Similar this winter one Company has pulled Regina as its direct flights to winter holidays.

The airport has a big problem and once the flights are gone they aren't coming back.

Next thing after building the city around the airport ....once the mayor or council gets the right land bought....they will have to build a new airport as well....and use the same excuses as they used to get a stadium....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Next thing after building the city around the airport ....once the mayor or council gets the right land bought....they will have to build a new airport as well....and use the same excuses as they used to get a stadium....
              That Stadium sits on the Exhibition grounds which may have been city property to begin with.

It's the GTH fiasco that's hard to swallow.

Comment

No thoughts of trying Pearson around here. Billy Bishop or Syracuse or I’m not going

Comment

Why is it the biggest capitalists are the most demanding for subsidization? Like the complaints about Regina air service. If anything Regina is over-serviced by airlines.

Other posters suggest flying out of Great Falls, Grand Forks, and Minot. The truth is there are 181 flights a week out of Regina to the 5 major hubs for Western Canada (YYC 80, YYZ 32, YWG 28, YEG 21, YVR 20). Compare that to GFK that offers 47 flights/wk to MSP but 3 or less flights per week to any other airport. MOT offers 38 flights/wk to MSP, and 15 to DEN, but 2 or less flights per week to any place else. GTF is better with 26 flights/wk to SLC, 22 to DEN and 11 to SEA but this is still is only 1/3 compared to Regina service.

The truth is Regina and Southern Sask simply does not have the population to support more flights and without demand airlines are not going to provide service without subsidization. Nor will Regina ever be a tourist destination. Just be thankful that it is a very well serviced spoke in the spoke/hub airline system.

As far as ticket pricing, airlines are probably the best at free market pricing of any industry. When demand goes up, ticket prices go up. It is not limited to Regina. Christmas and spring break travel costs more no matter where you fly out of. There are not unlimited number of seats, so airlines charge the maximum they can and still fill those seats. If a buyer needs grain they offer premiums or higher prices to farmers and while farmers complain about high costs for traveling in high season, very few complain about high grain prices when supply of grain is short.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Sunwing by chance?

Comment

Been through Minot.Aliegiant Definatly economy airline services .4 hour delay.They said plane had a couple issues and a third came up so they decided to bring in a different one.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        That Stadium sits on the Exhibition grounds which may have been city property to begin with.

It's the GTH fiasco that's hard to swallow.
                        And it just never ends. More money wasted there and increased taxes to us farmers as a result than carbon or anything else ever will be.
                        All the while friends of friends got rich and we do our part to keep paying.

Comment

Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                          Sunwing by chance?
                          transat , announced it last spring , saskatoon also
                          we used them lots lately

Comment

Wow not worried about subsidy.

The Regina Airport had services to Chicago to Min to Denver etc.

They lost these services because the airport authority wanted more money and more money till finally the airlines took their planes and went home. West jet and air Canada now have no competition and boom higher prices.

It's a useless run airport.

Guys

Kind of like Trudeau and oil screw around enough and the big boys leave.

Comment

WJ has 3 flights to YQR per week from PHX. Booked in Oct, $1000 return for wife & I at Christmas. You could check out SouthWest to connect to PHX & then WJ to YQR.

Comment

Again with no competition anymore the price to phx or mco is higher at that time of year down.

Competition works the yqr don’t.
                                They chased the American companies away with high costs and lost.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...