• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina International Airport. HAHAHAHAH

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regina International Airport. HAHAHAHAH

Just back home after a quick trip to our southern home and yesterdays flights in Canada got me to thinking.

One Toronto is a shit show.

First the new security and border identity machines.

Scan passport oh it doesn't scan then take the picture, oh it doesn't work then finally all works. Move ahead since your on a connecting flight from the USA.

No, The Security agent says go get your bag and then carry it to WestJet counter and resubmit.

Yea waits by carrousel for two dumps then finally ask a west jet officer and they say no Your luggage is already on its way to second flight.

Now have to go back through customs and its Nail a white guy day. Racial profiling at its best. all who were getting there carry on flagged were white businessmen or white guys. I'm not kidding I got picked and had to take my Ipad out of its case and the dogs sniffed it. Really its an iPad the guy in front of me its an apple computer the other guy it's his legal notes.

Then we get finally to our gate ask about 10 people on the walk to it were the VIP Lounge is. Yes, the one Trudeau got all his ministers. Not one worker knew how. Finally, a janitor cleaning rugs said its down that way and up one floor.

Quiet time here but great food and drinks.

Get to gate and flight delayed as fog in Regina.

Get going and a guy gets sick on the flight and we have to turn back better than getting going and having to stop in Winnipeg or TB but they go back and ground crew preps plain again and two hours later were on way. Got home at 3: Ah Travel in Canada.

Now, why am I pissed at Regina International Airport?

Because it isn't anymore. No international flights in or out of Regina unless its a charter and for some reason, this winter were losing a few charters.

The problem I think is actually with the Regina Airport Authority.

Now, why am I mad it is really simple. One west Jet flight a week to Florida and Phoenix which thank god they have. But with no competition west jet can charge a stupid fee for this flight and when spring break or Christmas comes along the costs go up and up and up.

Before when we had Denver or Chicago or Minneapolis they had competition and prices were normal.

So to get a good flight you have to take two one to Toronto or Calgary and then the puddle jumper to Regina. But Regina is so busy now the puddle jumper has been increased to a bigger jet.

But why did Regina lose the US connections? Its all about the Money. They thought they could squeeze the US airlines to help with fancy new building etc in Regina.

Minot has three boarding docks I think. Park car and go through customs and door one to three for your flight. No big costs the airport.

But fancy is so nice, How about in Canada you get your shit together provide customers with good service. No, they say they are working on it. Yea once the USA airlines are gone they aren't coming back.

MAybe not a third world problem but its a disgrace for air travel in Saskatchewan. Cheaper for spring break to go to Winnipeg and fly out than Regina as they have a different spring break week than us.

Maybe the answer is getting a pilots licence, plane and fly to small airstrip by our home.

Who else thinks Regina is slipping at the Airport.

It's a tough life.

Comment

Yea third world problems grass.

But Regina has a problem with losing international connections.

Comment

Only far south I go is to get my mail, 7 miles away. Has Regina turned into a international airport, they have scanners? Airports have sure changed in 30 years.

Comment

Toronto is a shit show, always come through Calgary when flying International and you will avoid the Toronto customs run around.

Comment

Toronto is a shit show and I always try Calgary as a entry point.

It just amazed me people who work every day in a building don’t know where things are.

Regina use to have Denver, Chicago and Minneapolis but one by one they left and why it’s real easy the Regina airport authority is useless.

They say the companies will be back with new leadership hahahahaha no one is coming.

Now charters to sunny destinations are gone. Only a year

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Yea third world problems grass.

But Regina has a problem with losing international connections.
              You ever check into flying out of North Dakota or Montana instead? Ive got friends that live 2hours from calgary but drive 4hours to Great Falls to fly because they say its a lot cheaper and faster cause the us customs is already done.

Comment

Winnipeg an hour away and Grand Forks 2 hours away here. For US we fly outta the Forks.

Comment

Minot 4 hrs
                  Calgary 6.5
                  Winnipeg 5

Comment

I blame global warming....the "Bear" came out of hibernation early and it's grumpier than normal. Should have stayed in your hibernation den for about 16 more weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Minot 4 hrs
                      Calgary 6.5
                      Winnipeg 5
                      Easy choice then. Minot it is. Anything to avoid the disaster that is Pearson. Have bad memories of the last time I was there several years ago and will avoid it at all costs. The screwing around at Pearson is longer than your flight. Edmonton also has those disastrous automated return processors too. What a bunch of junk. Have flown from Great Falls before, and for a small town that is a great airport.

Comment

Westjet fly's direct Friday for under $300 if you book on Black Friday

5 hrs WS 1223

Comment

Yes but only for certain Friday’s Christmas and spring break or family day up up it goes

Comment

1533 for spring break

Comment

Buy some cows that'll cure all your travel problems.... part time farmers sheesh.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...