• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying parts usa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying parts usa

Anyone starting to buy parts from usa ? Jd parts out of control . I don’t mind donating to a hospital a bit but when parts have doubled in price **** that! Shipping might get high with heavy parts but still might be cheaper

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    Anyone starting to buy parts from usa ? Jd parts out of control . I don’t mind donating to a hospital a bit but when parts have doubled in price **** that! Shipping might get high with heavy parts but still might be cheaper
    Check out “Shoup”
    They sell pretty much any part you can think of .

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
      Buy 95% of all parts/supplies stateside, but only 20 miles from border. But if you can't pick up at depot location on border, your going to pay for brokerage fees which are usually around $40 and nasty shipping fees. Shipping is dirt cheap stateside, lots of times it is free within contiguous US if you aren't on a time crunch. Next day and 2nd day air is pricey, but some companies offer it if you spend a certain amount on an annual basis. Local waterpump/alternator repair shop orders over $5000 USD from warehouse in Ohio and gets next day air for all shipments, which no one else in the entire area can compete with. Sure is nice when your alternator craps out late Thursday, turns out it's some fancy Japanese design and you can have a brand new one in your hands from 1000 miles away the next afternoon.

Shoup is good. All States Ag Parts is good for aftermarket and salvage parts. Big difference in parts prices just buying from dealer, even with exchange. Time saved is the big advantage. JD dealer can't get anything here in less than a week and that is if it is in Regina warehouse for sure, otherwise 2 weeks. Stateside can have it within couple days.

Comment

Only bought a couple things from US, had very good customer sevice experience compared to what im used to locally. Also was working on a perkins engine a couple years back, meeded a head and a couple other pieces, bought from a dealer in Wellington UK, had parts delivered right to the farm in less than a week for about a third of the cost to buy locally. Internet is good for something!

Comment

Groat's Supply Ltd, Tisdale SK

No website. No online.

Just great old fashion service and prices for electrical.

They even rewind old hard to get stuff.

Not sure what else they supply.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Check out “Shoup”
            They sell pretty much any part you can think of .
            Are they decent for New Holland and Case parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Are they decent for New Holland and Case parts?
              Shoup, offers much the same as a&I products out of regina. Purchased ALOT of my combine parts off of a&I. Price difference on most parts was astounding as compared to OEM.

parts for a 1660 case combine that stood out this year,
              Vertical unloading auger: $634vs$900
              Return cross auger: $250vs$450
              Return auger boot: $300vs$800

Quality seems as good as oem, priced generally at 2/3, sometimes 1/2 or less. Only thing that wasn't cost competitive was the return elevator housing which wasn't in canada and would have taken $250+ to truck freight out of the southern states.

Comment

Helmsdale, have you had success purchasing aftermarket rub bars and rotor parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Helmsdale, have you had success purchasing aftermarket rub bars and rotor parts?
                  Bought Lowen Bars off A&I this fall, didn't put them in yet. On face value they appear to be the same... Could wear faster possibly, but i wouldn't say im getting tremendous life out of OEM bars as is.

Haven't really done much in the way of rotor high wear parts yet aftermarket, but this year is going to need pretty much a full re-doing. Impellars, rock beater, cone, rotor wear bars, concaves, etc. I'll likely do A&I and pfparts.com

Have use aftermarket split sprockets on the feeder chain drive, to the disdain of the local mainline parts counter. Argued that the sprockets would be of inferior quality to OEM... They outlasted the OEM feeder chain, so I dont really know how much more you can ask of them.

I've given up on OEM for most high wear replaceable tin like auger boots, augers, even shafts and specialty sprockets. The cost savings is simply too much to pass up.

Bearings are the one thing I refuse to cheap out on, but then on that front, CNH screwed around with Chinese bearings in CNH packaging for quite a few years. Local parts guy doesnt even ask me if i'll take one anymore, if it isn't Japanese, Korean, European, Canadian, or American I refuse to take it home.

Comment

Can a farmer buy direct from A&I?

I assume you can from Precision.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...