• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone get a BASF call....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone get a BASF call....

...giving you the heads up for 2019 about residual effects of SOLO Viper and Odyssey ....

****ing great hey......sure cuts down on the recropping options....

What a great service that PMRA does approving chemicals....

Let’s all grow Clearfield canola and add more group 2. Maybe it’s dirt cheap to InVigor. 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      ...giving you the heads up for 2019 about residual effects of SOLO Viper and Odyssey ....

****ing great hey......sure cuts down on the recropping options....

What a great service that PMRA does approving chemicals....

file:///C:/Users/customer/Desktop/Odyssey_Label.pdf

file:///C:/Users/customer/Desktop/Solo_Label.pdf

file:///C:/Users/customer/Desktop/Viper_ADV_Product_Label.pdf

I've attached links for your reading pleasure this winter. It clearly states on the label (a legal document) that the responsibility lays squarely on the users shoulders. In the case of Odyssey you may have to wait up to four years or more for recropping choices. My guess is you're likely in the Peace region where chem hangover is potentially worse. You have to ask yourself "What the hell am I doing?"
      BASF simply called you to appear like they're covering all their bases. They're doing you a favor, aren't they great? The PMRA just like the APVMA in OZ are controlled by the big four chem companies, what do you expect. You're willingly on the chem treadmill, don't complain when they crank up the speed.

Comment

I am by no means defending the "Croplife" cartel but there are many chemicals that have residues and we have to be aware of the risks of persistance under low growing season moisture conditions and slow breakdown. Add to that labeled cropping restrictions.

I understand the frustration of getting residue damage when it doesn't state it on the label.

They likely have their asses more than covered on label somehow.

Clark Brenzil says those label restrictions actually get extended to the following year in low rainfall years.

Wanna hear a good one, I actually sprayed Odyssey two years in a row on a half section, should be interesting next year. Although our growing season precip wasn't horrible.

DAMN....I was going to include "enter Austranada" before I hit submit, looks like he got here before me.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 21, 2018, 23:07.

Comment

As you can see it's not just the aforementioned chemistry, group 2 in Canada same as group B in Australia

https://grdc.com.au/resources-and-publications/grdc-update-papers/tab-content/grdc-update-papers/2016/02/herbicide-residues-in-soils-are-they-an-issue-northern

Huge problem.

Which reminds me. Has anyone ever noticed some volunteer plants growing at the edge of fields or around your bins in the grass or gravel that are absolutely thriving. No fert, no seed treatment, no other pesticides.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...