• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referendum to leave Canukistan?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Referendum to leave Canukistan?

The British had a referendum to leave the EU, mainly because the union morphed into something other than what they would like. Enter Canada- In light of the fact that the power in this country is held by Eastern Canada and the West is being choked to death by eastern policy, a referendum could serve as a sounding bell to the rest of Canada that the West has had enough. The tyranny that the West (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) is subjected too, not only in Trudeau times, is blatant and no one else gives a damn.

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    The British had a referendum to leave the EU, mainly because the union morphed into something other than what they would like. Enter Canada- In light of the fact that the power in this country is held by Eastern Canada and the West is being choked to death by eastern policy, a referendum could serve as a sounding bell to the rest of Canada that the West has had enough. The tyranny that the West (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) is subjected too, not only in Trudeau times, is blatant and no one else gives a damn.
    As they found out the last time the older Trudeau choked western canada ....they did so at their own peril....

The rise of separation will happen quicker and with more force this time because there is enough people left to remember the results...if you start with a forceable person at the head of it all it will snowball very quickly this time...JMHO...

Comment

If they couldn't make it happen in Quebec it has zero % chance of ever happening in the west.

Comment

Notley is in the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea in AB. On one side she has has best friend, Trudeau stabbing her in the back and on the home front she has Nenshi picking the provinces pocket to pay for his Olympic debacle. I wish I was a cartoonist-I could see it now.

Comment

The only question is whether this vote happens before or after there is nothing left in western Canuckistan. Long time separatist here, nothing to lose. We don't need to follow the example of the UK, as they had the position of strength and made a deal in weakness. Hard Brexit was the way to go, and then the EU would have come to the table since they need the UK more than the UK needs them as the UK was a net importer of EU products. World trade is all about finding that increasingly rare solvent customer which is of course the issue with US tariffs. (see the post on world debt)

Comment

The reason why it didnt work in Quebec is that there was a lot that understood where all that money for those transfer payments were coming from, tell me what we get from the rest of Canada , I'd vote to join the northern tier states tommorrow. ( today if they'd move the vote up)

Comment

It maybe would serve as a wake up call to central Canada but thats where "the good" would end. West would need BC for port access but they are just as bad for AB/SK/Man as the east are, and you know for sure it would be continued blackmail from them. As for joining the states, thats just crazy talk, resources would be exploited until there was nothing left and would get nothing in return.

At least we know the evil we currently deal with!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                The reason why it didnt work in Quebec is that there was a lot that understood where all that money for those transfer payments were coming from, tell me what we get from the rest of Canada , I'd vote to join the northern tier states tommorow. ( today if they'd move the vote up)
                Exactly, Quebec being hostile to private investment and on financial life support from the rest of Canada had everything to gain by threatening and holding us hostage, and everything to lose by going through with it.
                Conversely, Alberta being pro business, and pro private investment has everything to lose by threatening and creating uncertainty in the investment community, but everything to gain by fulfilling that threat and securing a pro business environment free of Ottawa.

In the long term, it will probably be seen that Trudeau Sr. and Trudope Jr. were the best things to happen to western Canada, as the first sowed the seeds of separation, and the second pushed us past the tipping point.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  It maybe would serve as a wake up call to central Canada but thats where "the good" would end. West would need BC for port access but they are just as bad for AB/SK/Man as the east are, and you know for sure it would be continued blackmail from them. As for joining the states, thats just crazy talk, resources would be exploited until there was nothing left and would get nothing in return.

At least we know the evil we currently deal with!
                  Not all port access is in Vancouver area. And the rest of BC is much closer aligned to Alberta politically than Vancouver area is.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    If they couldn't make it happen in Quebec it has zero % chance of ever happening in the west.
                    wtf? Quebec couldn't seperate ? what would they live off of ?
                    that was just a spoiled kid whining to get more candy
                    you underestimate Alberta , the west is full of people that made shit happen

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      wtf? Quebec couldn't seperate ? what would they live off of ?
                      that was just a spoiled kid whining to get more candy
                      you underestimate Alberta , the west is full of people that made shit happen
                      Exactly, if Quebec left, it would be biting the hand that feeds it( or cutting it right off). If Alberta leaves we will quit feeding the hand that bites us in return.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                        The reason why it didnt work in Quebec is that there was a lot that understood where all that money for those transfer payments were coming from, tell me what we get from the rest of Canada , I'd vote to join the northern tier states tommorrow. ( today if they'd move the vote up)
                        The reason I wouldn't vote for separation is because of those who think joining the USA would be the thing to do. And it scares thru hell out of me that someone like Jason Kenny might get the rains of power I think he would make a vicious dictator if he got power of a new country.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Not all port access is in Vancouver area. And the rest of BC is much closer aligned to Alberta politically than Vancouver area is.
                          I have not watched BC elections very closely but interesting idea to leave Vancouver be its own little island. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            I have not watched BC elections very closely but interesting idea to leave Vancouver be its own little island. Love it.
                            The left wing ecoterrorists tend to be disproportionately represented in the bottom left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              The reason I wouldn't vote for separation is because of those who think joining the USA would be the thing to do.
                              I would be one of those people. Why not? Makes snowbirding a lot easier, which many Canadians like to do by the way, and would give us access to a lot more opportunities. Beats sitting up here on frozen tundra all 8 months of winter. I would spend all winter down south too if I could. Practically all our exports go there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...