• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I a dumb F#%K

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I a dumb F#%K

They bought the ****ing barley we didnt force em to.
    Its really out of hand here in oz guys could hardly get a offer today.
    For Fs sake our sheep cows pigs etc here in oz need feeding all of a sudden no demand for barley because of something that happens in the slopes of asia.

Just cant get me head around it ****it moving to canada

China Tenders for barley. Multi country origin. Tenders usually differ from $8 to 12 USD top to bottom. China announces winning tender. Grain is shipped and delivered. How is this dumping and undercutting local suppliers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	china.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	778235

And while im in a shit of a mood playing devils advocate.

Has the price of barley in western canada suddenly risen so you guys can fill the void in china left by australia pigs arse.

Comment

One of the most successful strategies for almost 30 years has been for buyers to increase the grain price by $0.50 per bushel, wait a week, then drop the price $0.75 per bushel then the farmers sell.
      The big supply/delivery push then triggers a “stop selling” lower price signal in which more bins open up and more grain gets delivered at an even lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
        One of the most successful strategies for almost 30 years has been for buyers to increase the grain price by $0.50 per bushel, wait a week, then drop the price $0.75 per bushel then the farmers sell.
        The big supply/delivery push then triggers a “stop selling” lower price signal in which more bins open up and more grain gets delivered at an even lower price.
        I was thinking about that scenario with canola the other day. It creates a sense of urgency and panic. Psychological. Better sell the canola when the price "recovers" to $10.50 instead of waiting for $11-12.

I guess you risk the price not recovering to where it was or going higher than it "was".

If we were talking about $12 canola slipping it would be a different story(IMO) but I don't "feel"(emotional marketing) canola prices have reached their full potential yet this marketing year.

Paper anyone?
        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 20, 2018, 07:10.

Comment

Well if they won't sell on the way up, maybe they will on the way down, as noted, has been a time honored buying strategy. Movin to Canuskistan will give you a whole new set of headaches. Barley around here is worth $210 per tonne which is no where near some to the prices the OP has quoted.

Comment

https://www.graincentral.com/markets/chinas-probe-into-australian-barley-pricing-has-echoes-of-us-sorghum/ https://www.graincentral.com/markets/chinas-probe-into-australian-barley-pricing-has-echoes-of-us-sorghum/

A good article on this here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
              https://www.graincentral.com/markets/chinas-probe-into-australian-barley-pricing-has-echoes-of-us-sorghum/ https://www.graincentral.com/markets/chinas-probe-into-australian-barley-pricing-has-echoes-of-us-sorghum/

A good article on this here.
              A good read indeed.

What a refreshing break for a commodity forum to actually post something related to marketing other than the endless tirades on climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                Well if they won't sell on the way up, maybe they will on the way down, as noted, has been a time honored buying strategy. Movin to Canuskistan will give you a whole new set of headaches. Barley around here is worth $210 per tonne which is no where near some to the prices the OP has quoted.
                And sheep wool prices that barely pay for the shearing.

Comment

Malt barley still in the $5.50 range here I believe.

Comment

Apologies guys was effed off yesterday.

But annoying saying we undercut the market some of this dates back to 2014 why didnt they raise it then.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      Apologies guys was effed off yesterday.

But annoying saying we undercut the market some of this dates back to 2014 why didnt they raise it then.
                      so you're saying that china is complaining that you sold barley to them too cheap? sounds legit!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...