• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure what the "F" is going on Errol

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the "F" is going on Errol

Prices dropped $25 per tonne today thus far, errol anyone know what going on traders dont seem to.

So what next aussie retaliate somehow?? No idea guys thats why im asking any of you gurus and usually what happens in oz follows in canada read below

"reports out this morning that China has begun an antidumping probe into Australian #barley so they obviosuly not happy with the way the APEC summit went on the weekend..... this is hugely unfair for hardworking Australian grain growers who unlike chinese farmers are not susidised"
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 18, 2018, 23:46.

https: //www.afr.com/news/world/asia/china-launches-antidumping-probe-into-australian-barley-imports-20181119-h181zp //www.afr.com/news/world/asia/china-launches-antidumping-probe-into-australian-barley-imports-20181119-h181zp

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-australia-antidumping-barley/china-launches-anti-dumping-probe-into-australian-barley-imports-idUSKCN1NO058 https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-australia-antidumping-barley/china-launches-anti-dumping-probe-into-australian-barley-imports-idUSKCN1NO058

Comment

So as one of the links suggests fall out possible if we side with usa?

Ramifications i didnt think of.

Comment

To claim that Australia is dumping barley at this time is ludicrous, the prices you posted earlier are the farthest thing from dumping. If those prices are dumping, then we must be paying them to take ours. Pure retaliatory politics. China may find that they will run out of countries with exportable commodities before this is all over.

Comment

So China replaces US soy in pig rations with Aus Barley and now wants to lever the Barley price down! Baa Baa 🐏🐏.

The numbers must add up soon for the chinglee to get barley from canada if were to expensive and hey dont say i dont help you guys out with my thinking

Comment

I'm thinking a combination of apec and feed needs falling daily in the face of the worsening African swine flu, if we are hearing it's bad then it's worse.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              Prices dropped $25 per tonne today thus far, errol anyone know what going on traders dont seem to.

So what next aussie retaliate somehow?? No idea guys thats why im asking any of you gurus and usually what happens in oz follows in canada read below

"reports out this morning that China has begun an antidumping probe into Australian #barley so they obviosuly not happy with the way the APEC summit went on the weekend..... this is hugely unfair for hardworking Australian grain growers who unlike chinese farmers are not susidised"
              mallee, this appears political and likely has a longer root.

APEC summit this weekend fallout suggests more pressure across global commodity prices in my view. Pence cold war statement and China reaction this weekend suggests Trump meeting with Xi will generate little headway at the end of the month.

Sorry to hear about the decline in your barley values . . . lets hope calmer heads prevail, once emotions settle down. Ag is being used as a political football (IMO) . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                I'm thinking a combination of apec and feed needs falling daily in the face of the worsening African swine flu, if we are hearing it's bad then it's worse.
                I agree, from what I have read the impact is huge. Lower pig numbers means lower feed requirements and that means lower imports.

Comment

If this trend continues, they will have took the wind out of every export nation in the world. Wonder how China would fair 2 years from now with no insentive to grow big yields and/or just keeping land in shape without a crop to limit loses till a turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    So China replaces US soy in pig rations with Aus Barley and now wants to lever the Barley price down! Baa Baa 🐏🐏.

The numbers must add up soon for the chinglee to get barley from canada if were to expensive and hey dont say i dont help you guys out with my thinking
                    You guys must be new when it comes to trade with China. All news out of China is just fake politically driven BS. They are desperate and failing so will try anything. They always have some sort of problem before making a major purchase just like the canola blackleg thing of a couple of years from now. This is why the recent discovery of more Chinese stocks recently of corn and wheat had zero impact on the market. Not even the Chinese know what is going on in that place. As for prices dropping in OZ, the US drought of 2012 had corn prices peak just before the harvest that year and you are likely seeing the same thing.

Comment

In a nutshell

https://www.stockjournal.com.au/story/5766596/china-delivers-barley-bombshell/?cs=4879

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...