• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a pipeline mean higher oil prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a pipeline mean higher oil prices?

Non political answer please.
    But other than rail is likely more costly why would foreigners pay more if oil was in a pipeline as apposed to a rail car?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    But other than rail is likely more costly why would foreigners pay more if oil was in a pipeline as apposed to a rail car?
    I could be wrong but the problem now is that we can't get enough to where they need it , when they need it . a stable supply
    probably a lot of processors don't like the idea of hauling oil in a train after a few of the fires and explosions,
    but it also is a low quality from the tar sands
    need to go hard at the balken , as others have said on here

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      I wonder what will happen to freight costs on other commodities like grain if rail loses oil revenue? If we cut canola income out of your farm you would need to make better returns on everything else wouldn't you? Not saying I'm against pipelines by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
        I wonder what will happen to freight costs on other commodities like grain if rail loses oil revenue? If we cut canola income out of your farm you would need to make better returns on everything else wouldn't you? Not saying I'm against pipelines by any means.
        That's a good question. I think there are too many of these questions not answered for us to blindly support or not the pipelines without some concrete answers as to what will happen to our transporting etc. What will happen to domestic prices for fuel if that higher price is achieved for crude?

Comment

For ****'s sake, anyone knows the laws of supply and demand would dictate lower freight costs from the lack of demand for service....don't ya know!

Oddly enough every Industry isn't exposed to the same set of rules that govern "supply and demand".

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            For ****'s sake, anyone knows the laws of supply and demand would dictate lower freight costs from the lack of demand for service....don't ya know!

Oddly enough every Industry isn't exposed to the same set of rules that govern "supply and demand".
            Hmmmm🤔 Seems monopolies are exempt from “supply “n” demand” rules for some reason or another...............

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...