• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed royalty questions..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    LOL......no doubt.
    The poor seed companies are having trouble making ends meet. 😂
    If they are losing so much why aren't they begging the gov't for bail out like Bombardier and auto companies do? Or why doesn't the gov't tell Bombardier and Auto to charge end use royalties on their products over and above price?

Comment

How long will the Tuesday meeting last? I plan on attending.

Comment

Farmers get from 10 am to 4 pm to discuss it....

The CSTA has had years to lobby the government on this.....

6 ****ing hours to digest years of lobbying. ....

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          If they are losing so much why aren't they begging the gov't for bail out like Bombardier and auto companies do? Or why doesn't the gov't tell Bombardier and Auto to charge end use royalties on their products over and above price?
          Why don't we set up an auto association and collect a checkoff for each car to look at how they can make more cars cheaper. We just mimic what ever the government says collect our money and go golfing year round have a windup in vegas!! That way no assistance would be required and the auto sector should just shut up when things happen!! I'm all in. Hahahaha god we farmers are stupid!!!

Comment

Sf 3. There is no sense pointing
            Fingers at all the farm groups.

The groundwork for all this was
            Done by Mulroney and Harper ,
            Under direction of their masters.

And for the liberals , the issue never made their radar.
            And it will not now.
            Not much of an appetite to listen to folks that give you the
            Finger all the time.

We have all been suckers
            Somewhere along the line in this
            Enslavement process.

Most of us are too busy producing. to go to meetings.
            Or too lazy to understand what is really happening.

We have failed to take care of our business interests.
            While the seed industry has been
            Enshrining their profits in law.

Infiltrating our producer groups.
            To spread the proper message.

When the seed costs more per year than the land it grows on .
            We clue in .
            We finally wake up, a little too late.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
              Sf 3. There is no sense pointing
              Fingers at all the farm groups.

The groundwork for all this was
              Done by Mulroney and Harper ,
              Under direction of their masters.

And for the liberals , the issue never made their radar.
              And it will not now.
              Not much of an appetite to listen to folks that give you the
              Finger all the time.

We have all been suckers
              Somewhere along the line in this
              Enslavement process.

Most of us are too busy producing. to go to meetings.
              Or too lazy to understand what is really happening.

We have failed to take care of our business interests.
              While the seed industry has been
              Enshrining their profits in law.

Infiltrating our producer groups.
              To spread the proper message.

When the seed costs more per year than the land it grows on .
              We clue in .
              We finally wake up, a little too late.

As i raise my hand now knowing full well everything you just said is true....I need a mirror to reflect who is responsible for this ....not my neighbours , not the BTOs or STOs .....one person....me....for being a dumb****led farmer....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                As i raise my hand now knowing full well everything you just said is true....I need a mirror to reflect who is responsible for this ....not my neighbours , not the BTOs or STOs .....one person....me....for being a dumb****led farmer....
                That is not a fair comment. Do you honestly think this wouldn't have proceeded even with a huge amount grower resistance..... That is where the delusion lies for ****'s sake!!!!

Comment

In fact nothing has been decided yet, has it? There is a link in some thread to a couple of people we were supposed to contact.

It's hard to oppose what we don't know we are going to get but the end result is we are going to be getting ****ed.

Maybe this is like any negotiation for the SeedCo Industry..... Ask for the worst case scenario and accept something less.

At least the door will have been opened a crack enough to get their foot in..... but the best thing that could happen is the door gets slammed shut on that foot.

Anyone own a spray plane? Ooops, insurance should cover that "accident". Mistakes are made.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    That is not a fair comment. Do you honestly think this wouldn't have proceeded even with a huge amount grower resistance..... That is where the delusion lies for ****'s sake!!!!
                    I didn't blame anyone but myself.....some farmers like the idea....I don't and don't like shit being shoved down my throat...

Its like the Yellow bean tender listed on sask pulse...I asked if there is a reserve to ensure development costs and a ROI is made before being released....nope just keep using mandatory checkoff money for a niche market to get developed for a select few...

Comment

I am copying and pasting Str8pipes post:

DEC 1, 2018 | 14:40 75 If you don’t think paying a tax on you’re production “end point royalties” is good or wise let the government bureaucrats know!!!

If you’ve been harvesting decent or dare I say at times profitable wheat crops derived from the public breeding system let the government bureaucrats know!!

Right now the wcwga and Alberta wheat and the seed companies are telling the government farmers need to pay all development costs!!!

If you want to pay more for the same do nothing.

If you want to stand up and attempt to preserve your freedom contact the government bureaucrats responsible for this file!!!!

Here is their information.

They want to hear from framers.

Carla St. Croix 613-773-1221 Email carla.StCroix@Canada.ca

Or

Anthony Parker 613-773-7188 Email Anthony.Parker@Canada.ca Reply With Quote

Start phoning, emailing is "less personal".

Comment

I think you are wrong there farma. If the adoption of UPOV '91 had been fought from the outset it was winnable in my opinion.

In fact nothing has been decided yet, has it? There is a link in some thread to a couple of people we were supposed to contact.
                        No, it seems it has been decided that we will pay, the discussion now surrounds whether you pay trailing or end point royalties. As Butch Harder commented at KAP - it's like being on death row and getting to choose between a rope and lethal injection!

Comment

Power outage is going to make it difficult to attend the meeting, I hope some of you guys can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                            Power outage is going to make it difficult to attend the meeting, I hope some of you guys can make it.
                            Have you got an electric car lol?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...