• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage per acre

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

65 bpa. could use a little more. often have lots of time to move some presold early harvested crops before the soybeans are ready for harvest.

Comment

44 bu/ac , 500 ac borage and alfalfa helps also , hauled out 17 bpa during the extended harvest also , that helped . still wasn't enough this year . have a bagger and extractor , hope I never have to use it again

Comment

Usually enough storage for all the crop and a little carryover. 210,000 bushels for 2,500 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Buckets gripe about building bins got me wondering.
          What % of annual production #s does everyone feel they need in bin capacity?? Or say if your canola and wheat avg 50 - 60 is that a number.
          I'd say 60bpa nice workable here.
          Many variables of course.
          67 bushels per acre is what we have. Hate delivering grain at harvest and gives more flexiblity around marketing. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Comment

58 bushels per acre here. Mixture of hoppers (4700 Bush) and 3400 flats. Own a Share in grain vac with neighbor for those. A lot of extra bins Needed if your growing A lot of different crops , and keeping some for seed as well.
            Most years holding and waiting for upticks in price has worked. The last couple years however the guys who just dump it all at Harvest look like a Genius lol

Comment

Only about 45 bu....Ghetto.

In 2016 we had grain in 4 other people's yards. This year we have some in our closest neighbor's yard. 2015 and 17 there was some air in partially filled bins. Space management is huge here, we have little to no excess capacity depending on the year.

Growing flax lowers the average. Wheat seems to do the best here. Peas are suffering from disease lately. Lentils are never a big volume crop. Yellow mustard even less. Soybeans in this area haven't been taking alot of bin space lately. Seldom carry grain over, except our midge tolerant wheat seed stock grown from certified.

How's that for humility? Lowest posted bu/ac on farm storage.

Comment

I would much rather build my own storage vs rely on an elevator. You will pay for it either way might as well be on your yard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...