• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layoffs coming at Bourgault

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’d think they filed for bankruptcy or something the way some are talking.
    So they laid some people off.... big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
      You’d think they filed for bankruptcy or something the way some are talking.
      So they laid some people off.... big deal.
      The way some talk sounds like all they build is 1300 bushel tanks and 120’ drills.

Likely just gonna park the 3320 and pull out the old deere 9350 drill and seed with that next year. Better yet maybe the local deere saleman can give me a quote on a new one, seeing the green guys so accomodating to my small farm.

Pot may be legal now but come on guys pace yourselves.

Comment

[QUOTE=Herc;393982]The way some talk sounds like all they build is 1300 bushel tanks and 120’ drills.

Probably most are 700 and 950 tanks.
        We bought a new 450 this spring.
        It was 1 of only 2 they built last winter.

Comment

.....they're not all stupid big but they are all stupid priced, no matter the size.

I wonder if planters will supplant today's drills. A tool bar of single rank openers sounds like a rake to me. Fert application with today's planters is challenging. Will probably have to rely on liquid more or split apps, one being foliar. Some areas still fall band. Product volume still may require some kind of towed "nurse tank" to supply the planter, otherwise there could be lots of filling. One thing we can count on is innovation and evolution continuing to change things.

Herc, you better get the 9450's they had better trash clearance or get a set of three IH 7200's.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            what in the world could possibly be going wrong ?
            let's see ' $600-$800 k for a dril and cart
            2 years later sells for $150 at RB
            most grain same price as 50 years ago
            should work ???
            When one of the big "Investment/MotivationalConsultant" farms went bankrupt a few years back and owed 10's of millions to people and banks across the prairies they had an interesting RB sale.

The numerous SeedHawk drills and tanks sold for 1/3 of new price after 2-3 years of use.

I thought this was a staggering decrease in value.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              When one of the big "Investment/MotivationalConsultant" farms went bankrupt a few years back and owed 10's of millions to people and banks across the prairies they had an interesting RB sale.

The numerous SeedHawk drills and tanks sold for 1/3 of new price after 2-3 years of use.

I thought this was a staggering decrease in value.
              i'm as guilty as most on here for buying too new too often, but i always ask myself why? if you shopped around you could buy enough 2nd hand equipment to stock the entire farm for the cost of one new airdrill.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                i'm as guilty as most on here for buying too new too often, but i always ask myself why? if you shopped around you could buy enough 2nd hand equipment to stock the entire farm for the cost of one new airdrill.
                And for the price difference, you could literally rebuild them to all to like new status and still come in cheaper than the one new machine.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  And for the price difference, you could literally rebuild them to all to like new status and still come in cheaper than the one new machine.
                  AF5, parts prices are insane too.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                    The way some talk sounds like all they build is 1300 bushel tanks and 120’ drills.

Likely just gonna park the 3320 and pull out the old deere 9350 drill and seed with that next year. Better yet maybe the local deere saleman can give me a quote on a new one, seeing the green guys so accomodating to my small farm.

Pot may be legal now but come on guys pace yourselves.
                    Nope , but that’s where a huge part of their R/D and time and effort went .... this a kick in the ass overall

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      AF5, parts prices are insane too.
                      It is surprising how few parts need to come from the dealership if you have the luxury of time in the off season.

Comment

Some stuff is absolutely proprietary. I would hate to know the cost of rebuilding a wore out Bourg PHD.

Comment

Massey 360 discers didn't need to be rebuilt too often....but I doubt any drill lasts as long...

Sort of amazing how all the land got farmed with smaller equipment....and got harvested in a timely manner. ...

Comment

Right bucket, run a set of 360s over 10,000 acres a year and you'll be buying bearing by the pail and discs by the pallet. Also combining in the next spring. There was a limit to the acres you could effectively seed per foot. Plus we put more than 50 pounds of fert at seeding time too.

Nostalgia must be awful close to amnesia.

Comment

Point being ...you didn't need 10000 acres to make money...

Comment

Have a 9450 JD hoe drill, had it for twenty years, would love to buy another one! Ours is 40 feet and makes me money every year!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...