• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who wants their checkoff money back?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
    Holy smokes folks, someone had to call me and say did you read this thread, so I did.

Lots of input. Way to go for asking, that is the step that matters: ask and demand an answer.

The mandatory levy was an investment which manifested itself initially in a seed program the CDC, why the HELL we did not own the company I have no idea, because LIMAGRAIN is a farmer owned highly successful model, which we did not follow. Why? I have no idea. WE now will have to pay Royalties, and do not receive any of the dividends of the intellectual property we built. Go figure, we are just not that smart collectively it seems, and we have lots of history to prove this!

I let my name stand for the board in opposition to the "granting" of niche market seeds to particular companies, and my objection to, but the reality is after 2020 the SPG agreement to commercialize pulse varieties ends and the question of how varieties may be commercialized post 2020 has not been asnwered. Will it be a tender process, like Ag Canada varieties, but if it is who is on the committee, who will decide, how will the process be managed, and so I am asking:
    After the SPG commercialization agreement ends what is the process: how will varieties be awarded after the 2020 agreement ends.

I ask the BOD of SPG.
    I ask the Gov of Sask.

I have no answer. Its a tough question.

The CDC is a publicly funded institution, part of the U of S, funded by our levy dollars, funded by taxpayers. In today's world conflict of interest is a fact of life, we all own shares, we all have vested interest some more than others; conflict of interest is a modern problem one that makes a process which forces balance, transparency & accountability necessary, and so I ask if the CDC/SPG commercialization agreement is not renewed what follows.

No one has answered and they should be asked.

Does the CDC get to decide? Should they get to decide, what is the potential for conflict of interest, & undue influence is real. In the public investment of plant genetics, everyone has shares, everyone has vested interests & a process of balance will be necessary.

All questions that should have answers.

2020 is not that far off, any process needs to be defined, negotiated, and indeed should vetted with the investors. I am bias but as founding investors pulse growers should have a voice at the very least through the SPG Board.

Ask.

As to how boards run, well in most cases like minds elect the chair, start there to ask questions.
    Go alongs get along best, I always vote for the newcomer as they may have new ideas especially if indeed they have a history of having an analytic mind no matter the politics.

While I agree and support investment in farmer directed associations, in reality if you pay the piper you should call the tune, (in theory at least) the fact is we have WAY to many associations, provincially, commodity and even nationally. Through these boards we spend millions on research, targeted to benefit the industry) I would suggest we spend too little on the variety performance data which is the one vital ingredient which returns actual dollars, and to that effect I have lobbied the committee to ask more money from farm organization to standardize annual date.

But to be quite frank most of you spend more time on Agriville than calling a director, a chair to ask.

Ask.

And then insist on answers.
    I have called directors which led me to starting this thread ....I also wrote a letter to the saskpulse board....they answered with mind numbing answers. ....they don't represent my views but they take my money....

My money. ...my right to ask ....and my right to bitch. ....get involved....it's coming....I am pissed....the last coronation of an election ****ing right pissed me off....

Comment

How would they enforce or police this? Have to keep every variety separate? What about contamination like the Triffid flax. Do USA pay when they deliver the same varieties into USA markets how would that be monitored and enforced?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
        i buy certified canola seed for 75/acre, now im going to be paying end point royalties that will like go up every year like everything else does, and these groups want me to keep paying check off fees for reasearch and development. this is starting to become UNBELIEVABLE. Once end point royalties begin, ALL checkoffs must become voluntary, and automatic should farmers decide to opt out. no more looking for forms, meeting random deadlines, fillout redundant delivery information that is already stored on every graincos computer network. if i opt out, nothing is deducted from my cheques, and no forms to fill out.
        what gets me is how greedy these pricks are ?
        they used to make sure they left enough for next year
        the whole thing needs a boot ****.
        no one will pay any attention until Ritchie bros is booked solid
        wonder what jt and Ralph will think when they have killed Canada's food supply?
        Harper and ritz need to take blame for this also, lots of blame
        Last edited by Guest; Nov 14, 2018, 19:50.

Comment

The Industry has many commissions, boards and associations under their trance. Wined and dined and bought. There is no room around the table for nay-sayers and dissenters. They bog things down and impede...."progress"...a definition for Industry control.

Maybe it is only another form of self-service, just lower in the ranks of political bullshit behind C&D's, RM's, Provinces and the Nation.

How many SPG directors sit on Pulse Canada?

Has APAS done anything constructive?

NFU...too bad for its "perceived(or real)" political affiliation!

Commission upon Board upon Commission upon Board...ad nauseam.

As Producers dart around like spooked cats represented by a multitude of Orgs, Industry does "what it wants", or has rules put in place for them to do so.

By the way, what's the "Competition Bureau" again? Oh yea, they are there to make sure that there is always enough seats in the ongoing game of Canadian Agriculture Industry Musical Chairs, err I mean HORSE TRADING!!!!!!

It's all show.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            I have called directors which led me to starting this thread ....I also wrote a letter to the saskpulse board....they answered with mind numbing answers. ....they don't represent my views but they take my money....

My money. ...my right to ask ....and my right to bitch. ....get involved....it's coming....I am pissed....the last coronation of an election ****ing right pissed me off....

Well that is why I got involved, I was apposed to niche market awards, ironically as soon as I left the board they extended the King Red contract, go figure!? You cannot win every battle. And of course you can bring resolutions to annual meetings.

As a % of the population ag is declining, and farmers themselves are consolidating: how producers dollars are invested is increasingly more important as global competition increases while governments are (all) intent on piling on more taxes on we the captive market.

Voices are important.

Comment

4 SPG directors sit on Pulse Canada board which means Pulse Canada has quorum on a 7 member board.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                4 SPG directors sit on Pulse Canada board which means Pulse Canada has quorum on a 7 member board.
                For me the question was rhetorical.

Another word might be monopoly.

Comment

Resolutions can be sent in by tomorrow as long as you have 10 other producers sign.......yet the board needs 4 to agree on private label varieties like king red for a guy that's also on a steady drip of government funding while fooling everyone but financial analysts who technically believe his financials are on PB.....

Comment

Why continue just to knock the Directors that are on the check-off commission Boards? Just replace them and use some of the commission money to develop some farmer-owned varieties--after you tell CFIA/Gov't to drop the idea of taxing seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley500 View Post
                      Why continue just to knock the Directors that are on the check-off commission Boards? Just replace them and use some of the commission money to develop some farmer-owned varieties--after you tell CFIA/Gov't to drop the idea of taxing seed.

Why because they are the ones that dropped the ball. ....some for personal gain ...others because they are stupid....

Comment

Hello..!
                        We are selling a john deere 5055E tractor, year 2015
                        tractor in very good condition
                        Very little used, and maintenance done at a dealership.
                        Additional photos available on request
                        Price: very affordable (thank you for contacting us)
                        Thank you to answer us
                        The team of SCAMAC-EQUIPEMENTS
                        Email: info@equipements-scamac.comClick image for larger version

Name:	JD 5055E 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	766888

Comment

Well bucket, the folks who use intimidation and humiliation and alienation to ward off both producers' choice and checkoffs refunds, were all raised under the same mindset: force, superiority and entitlement. Good for you for standing your ground. They smell different from mainstream farmers. Act different. Think different. And should be dumped off every single board they sit on. They're unworthy. And trouble. And will be shitty friends. Methinks. 🤔Parsley

Comment

First , thanks Vicki and others that have sat on these boards and did what they could.
                            I must admit I did not know
                            Sask pulse was selling US out.

I will put in a I told you so
                            For those trying to dump this mess on the current government.

The previous govt. Fed us to the
                            Wolves. In this whole thing.

Remember Tom cwb and others .
                            Wcwga. Etc.
                            It was all for the best.

And now the 10% of us( not Harper
                            Fans) farmers are somehow supposed to save whole lot of us,
                            Because you think we speak liberal or something.
                            Good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                              First , thanks Vicki and others that have sat on these boards and did what they could.
                              I must admit I did not know
                              Sask pulse was selling US out.

I will put in a I told you so
                              For those trying to dump this mess on the current government.

The previous govt. Fed us to the
                              Wolves. In this whole thing.

Remember Tom cwb and others .
                              Wcwga. Etc.
                              It was all for the best.

And now the 10% of us( not Harper
                              Fans) farmers are somehow supposed to save whole lot of us,
                              Because you think we speak liberal or something.
                              Good luck with that
                              The open market transition was poorly handled for the majority of farmers.....I realize that now but I thought they were taking care of the smaller finer details like mandatory reporting of sales....vessel reports etc...

I am not sure I want to be fooled again with this royalty thing...

Every ****ing organization that has the ability to download costs is currently getting government help or concessions...the media, the oil industry, Canada post incompetent management, most industries with more favourable capital cost allowances....etc etc..

And yet everyone that can download costs to farmers continue to do so....

BTW Tom4cwb is quiet because it is crystal clear he is a lark for industry whether its the CSTA or graincos...

Comment

Take action

If you don’t think paying a tax on you’re production “end point royalties” is good or wise let the government bureaucrats know!!!

If you’ve been harvesting decent or dare I say at times profitable wheat crops derived from the public breeding system let the government bureaucrats know!!

Right now the wcwga and Alberta wheat and the seed companies are telling the government farmers need to pay all development costs!!!

If you want to pay more for the same do nothing.

If you want to stand up and attempt to preserve your freedom contact the government bureaucrats responsible for this file!!!!

Here is their information.

They want to hear from framers.

Carla St. Croix 613-773-1221 Email carla.StCroix@Canada.ca

Or

Anthony Parker 613-773-7188 Email Anthony.Parker@Canada.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...