• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Perils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Perils

Can you imagine being woken at 7 AM by a caller who has your internet password and is threatening you? He does have the right password and if you don’t transfer 900 bitcoin to his account, he will post embarassing pictures of you on-line. This actually happened to our seventy-two year old friend with severe Parkinsons yesterday morning. This Facebook, Twitter BS, I would not post any identifying information on-line. Not saying that social media is responsible for our friend’s problem, but who the heck needs this crap?

Ordinary people are being targetted, what can you do to protect your information if you are on-line?

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    Can you imagine being woken at 7 AM by a caller who has your internet password and is threatening you? He does have the right password and if you don’t transfer 900 bitcoin to his account, he will post embarassing pictures of you on-line. This actually happened to our seventy-two year old friend with severe Parkinsons yesterday morning. This Facebook, Twitter BS, I would not post any identifying information on-line. Not saying that social media is responsible for our friend’s problem, but who the heck needs this crap?

Ordinary people are being targetted, what can you do to protect your information if you are on-line?
    Look in the permissions section of the apps on your phone...... it's always on, the Mic, the camera, you name it. Quit using apps here.

Comment

People have been giving away their privacy at astonishing rates. A lot of people.
      My girlfriend and her adult son both were fine in giving their sin# to a credit karma website to learn their credit scores.....wtf for?
      As phones and programs advance, I find their invasion getting much worse.
      Nothing loads without access. Nothing works without access. Constantly asking or following you. A lot of apps cross grab info etc.
      Credit card and debit card info all over hell. People incurring $900 overdraft fees(@$45) alone in one day because some site kept pinging their account for $20 every hour.
      Tap here, swipe there. No need to remember any pins anymore everything we use remembers them all. Wtf??
      Speaker microphones in your house???????
      I don't wear a tin foil hat but doesn't anyone think anymore??
      One of the most popular antivirus software comes from Russia??
      Exploiting the weakness of the race I guess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...